Trailscape's 06 Tundra

Kpack

Adventurer
I think what you came up with Trailscape. Certainly looks like it will work well.

Toyotech, count me in for one if you design one that utilizes the factory handle mounts. I'd rather not have to remove my headliner. You'll just need to make sure it is designed for stiffness, otherwise it'll rattle like crazy.

trailscape

Explorer
Mine will be going to the handles for 100% bolt on. There will be other changes to utilize that space better as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be pretty awesome. I couldn't do much prototyping or test fitting and this was as simple a design I could think up. It still weights just shy of 10lbs.

trailscape

Explorer
I think what you came up with Trailscape. Certainly looks like it will work well.

Toyotech, count me in for one if you design one that utilizes the factory handle mounts. I'd rather not have to remove my headliner. You'll just need to make sure it is designed for stiffness, otherwise it'll rattle like crazy.

I think it'd be rock solid if there's a bend along the sides to keep the flex down. Some paracord handle replacements might look really cool with it.

trailscape

Explorer
Uh oh.. :oops:
67C5728F-D6ED-4239-B7BD-6A03601E8BB2.jpg

Rigid Ignite flush mounted.. :unsure:
C8EA42F2-EFC4-4A77-9B42-D90EFEB70549.jpeg

They have a pretty good throw for a small flood light. Not the best picture at the moment.
IMG_0673B.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Nice little lights. I’d be worry about smashing them into a rock lol

I just replaced my OEM radiator after 15 years of use with another OEM. The Denso is indeed from China. Old radiator was cooling fine but the fins started to have surface rust. Peace of mind. Still have original hoses on there but carry spare upper and lowers with me.

trailscape

Explorer
I recently changed out my single 100w Renogy panel for two of the newer compact 100w versions. I don't have a picture yet of the install, but I was able to get them both on the canopy.

Decided to upgrade my charge controller to MPPT. The Morningstar PWM has been working great for the past seven years, but I really want to get all the performance I can out of the 200w of solar.

In hindsight, I probably should've just spent the extra and got the bluetooth version. At least it's an option to purchase separately.
VictronMPPT.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
Nice. The bottom battery monitor shows vehicle usage?

It seems to be working at displaying the battery load from the auxiliary fuse box.
With the solar, I usually see a slight drop in voltage when I switch on a light or accessory.
If there's not enough solar power, it shows watts/amps being used. It's wired to the battery negative, with the positive lead going to the load output.

trailscape

Explorer
I don't think I posted this here yet. My Optima Yellowtop died after just about 8 years of hard use. I'm trying out an Autocraft Platinum AGM as a replacement.
The same age Diehard Platinum I was using for my starting battery is still in great condition, so that's moving to the rear as the Optima Replacement.

I did a little cleanup of the battery tray setup. Ditched the plastic tray for a nice metal one. Ordered another and it arrived as plastic. That was annoying.
Autocraft-Battery.jpg

51ojtmyw9jL._SL1000_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles