Trailscape's 06 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
I haven't been doing a whole lot lately. But, here's a few things I was messing around with lately.

I took out the dimmer knob completely and put another switch in there.
IMG_1396 (Edited).jpg

I thought I'd see how the gauge looked with the trim piece painted. I'm kind of liking it.
IMG_1333(1).jpg

I've been messing with a spare headlight. I thought I wanted a DRL setup, but didn't care for the halo look. I'm not sure I'm feeling it.
IMG_1384.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
Nothing much new happening on my Tundra front. I think the past year or two I just haven't been feeling so great and my projects have been getting smaller and less ambitious. I still barely covered 5k miles since April of 2016. I decided to get my oil changed yesterday. I'm using full synthetic, but figure it should still be changed at least annually. Also had an alignment done and the tires rotated/balanced. Everything else still seems alright. I get unusual gas mileage with my truck. With local around town driving I typically see 12-14 with traffic lights. On back roads at 45-55mph I average 15-17 and 65-70 on highway I somehow manage 18-20. Most of my driving has been in the 12mpg category though.

I'm attempting a bit of rework on my trailer. Maybe I'll throw up some shots of that project.

trailscape

Explorer
I Went out for a little wandering on Monday afternoon. The roads west were pretty empty, but I was passing a lot of eastbound traffic sitting at a standstill.
IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

I need to remember to take that hitch step off before hitting the trails. I wasn't going anywhere crazy, just out wandering along highway 285.

IMG_1598.JPG

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Had some hail this week. Looks like I survived with a couple dings in the hood. Seeing a lot of unhappy neighbors.

98e81139d1f1f4f6f9db67d4f8d3c83c.jpg

Giving her a needed wash..
2468fae1ac727106b9567faf6c2eb7a4.jpg

Here’s another project that’s been keeping me busy..
b7ff20ea8ca7dc45c3c8f495e536506b.jpg
1cded21b752047cb1aa0df28df965cc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
I think my Optima Yellow top might be nearing the end. I found my battery alarms in the red and my fridge blinking a couple times in the morning after a few really hot days. I turned the fridge off for now and everything's been back in the green since.

I purchased it in early 2012, so that's probably not a bad run at all. My Noco charger tells me it's in good health, but I feel it has a diminished capacity.

trailscape

Explorer
Tell us more about that trailer, need some more pics too. Looks very interesting.

That trailer's a long term project. It's not your usual build as I have no plans to use a roof top tent on it. I found I use the utility aspect of the trailer more often than I take it camping.

There's two individual locking lids that can be easily removed. There's a ways yet to go.

trailer2.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
I’ve been hanging out in the northeast for the past month. Probably heading back to Denver soon.

I’m considering having a new leaf pack built for my truck while I’m around here. One shop quoted me about $550.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smileyshaun

Observer
a small trick I found out about optima battery. I had a yellow top that I thought was dead , charger thought it was good but it did not have enough juice to start anything. took it with me to tge parts store to use for a core but a guy standing in line said " have you tried laying it on its side and putting a very slow trickle charge on it ?" At first I was thinking ****** why would that help anything? long story short he knew what he was talking about , that was 2 years ago and the battery has been fine ever sense .
A word of warning to anybody reading this you can only do this with a gel type battery they can be mounted in any position if you try doing it with a normal battery.... you're going to have a bad day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles