Trailscape's 06 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
It's funny, everyone asks the same thing about the washer heater. I've never had an issue with it.

http://www.alphathermusa.com/

Happen to know what relay you used? Is it the typical Bosch style? Kind of what I'm thinking of going with if I can find a good one.

Without seeing how it's wired up. It's hard for me to follow lol.

I used 100amp relay via Amazon for my compressor. I seen 80amp ones too. I would use a higher amp than what you need just incase the initial draw is higher

Are you not worry about cracked windshield with warm washer fluid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Ditch lights!

I was bored today, so I got to playing around.. Kind of wanted some ditch lights, but nobody seems to make them for these trucks.

I did this with Firestik SS-174 hood/trunk antenna mounts. They are about $13 on Amazon.

These are pretty stout brackets. I needed to bend them just a hair to keep from rubbing against the hood and that wasn't easy. A good size bench vise and channel locks help.

I haven't wired them up yet, but so far they seem pretty solid just bolted in using the last fender bolt before the hinge. The wire is slightly pinched, but I think it'll be ok.

http://www.firestik.com/Catalog/SS-174.htm

Clearance is tight, you probably won't fit anything larger than one of these using this bracket.
IMG_20161216_151404.jpg

IMG_20161216_151419.jpg IMG_20161216_151354.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looks like a clean install. I been trying to figure out how to do some ditch lights that no one has done yet. I want the bracket to bolt to the mirror base than lights just in front of the mirror. Get brute force fab to produce them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Thanks. I had the parts lying around so it didn't hurt to try it. I prefer a mount that keeps them outside the hood and my view when driving. A mirror mount would be great. I'd love to see brute force make them, but I get the feeling he's moved away from the Tundra scene. Some made here though.

Looks like a clean install. I been trying to figure out how to do some ditch lights that no one has done yet. I want the bracket to bolt to the mirror base than lights just in front of the mirror. Get brute force fab to produce them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I had the parts lying around so it didn't hurt to try it. I prefer a mount that keeps them outside the hood and my view when driving. A mirror mount would be great. I'd love to see brute force make them, but I get the feeling he's moved away from the Tundra scene. Some made here though.

Brute force fab moving away from the Tundra scene?? He is a good friend of mind and I doubt it. He actually is prototyping 1st gen sequoia rear bumper soon. Be the first production rear bumper for the tree!

trailscape

Explorer
Would be awesome to see. There was a thread with a promising bumper that seemed to kind of die out that lead me to think he was getting away from them.

Brute force fab moving away from the Tundra scene?? He is a good friend of mind and I doubt it. He actually is prototyping 1st gen sequoia rear bumper soon. Be the first production rear bumper for the tree!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Would be awesome to see. There was a thread with a promising bumper that seemed to kind of die out that lead me to think he was getting away from them.

He was rushed in the last tree prototype and didn't come out to his standards so he dumped it till he found another willing tree to prototype on. Anything he makes that goes to production won't die off. He has his own CNC table and can cut out bumpers for anything that is in production.

Blender

Adventurer

Sounds like Benc from dissent off road. He's buried in Landcruiser and Tacoma stuff from what I've gathered. I think his brother's(?) Tundra was sold off as well. Excellent work, just not enough hours in the day.

trailscape

Explorer
I have two tailgates available if anyone is in need of a replacement.. Fit 00-06 Access cabs.

Closing out my storage unit and need to downsize a few things. I'm torn on whether I'll ever get the JBA headers installed. Kind of forgot I had those. Haha.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I have two tailgates available if anyone is in need of a replacement.. Fit 00-06 Access cabs.

Closing out my storage unit and need to downsize a few things. I'm torn on whether I'll ever get the JBA headers installed. Kind of forgot I had those. Haha.

There actually is someone on FB that needs one

6cfc7f21443a4abbaeec39a1c04ab0ea.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles