Trailscape's 06 Tundra

Kpack

Adventurer
I'm curious to see what you think about the Shackleton leafs. With the weight you carry around they'll probably work out great. I'd love to get something like the Overland pack or the Shackleton, but I'm not going to be adding much if anymore weight than what I have now. The rear end would be sitting sky-high.

I wonder if I could pair a Shackleton or Overland pack with their Hammer Hangers (when they release them for the Tundra) and a longer shackle. That would allow me to lower it back to the ride height I want, while keeping the benefits of the better spring pack (more compliant and far more droop).

trailscape

Explorer
I'm curious to see what you think about the Shackleton leafs. With the weight you carry around they'll probably work out great. I'd love to get something like the Overland pack or the Shackleton, but I'm not going to be adding much if anymore weight than what I have now. The rear end would be sitting sky-high.

I wonder if I could pair a Shackleton or Overland pack with their Hammer Hangers (when they release them for the Tundra) and a longer shackle. That would allow me to lower it back to the ride height I want, while keeping the benefits of the better spring pack (more compliant and far more droop).

I had planned to get the ones from General Spring for a while, but decided I should "Buy once, cry once" and have something that should work the first time. Can't wait to get them.

Samiman

I built a hybrid rear pack out of stock tundra main leaf and cut down a set of Chevy 2500 Hd leafs minus the main leaf. It worked amazing and I got around 4 inches of lift out of it. Hauled many things from trailer loaded with Offroad toys to trailer with 60 bails of hay to 3/4 yard of rock in bed. Never let me down.

trailscape

Explorer
I'm always screwing with this setup.. Got a deal on a battery monitor and added that to the mix. Swapped some Blue Sea switches in and replaced the two lower ones with a single dual circuit switch.

Then I decided to flush mount them all. Sawdust ensues.. Next I'll probably remove the whole panel and try to clean up all the holes. Maybe wrap it in something.

BA48309E-2E27-49EF-8B80-360572668BEB.jpeg

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Rigid SAE fogs installed..
3C582BBA-3D2B-4E00-BE5A-E5864016097E.jpg

More light mods.. I painted my projector shrouds a silver color and added a pair of Diode Dynamics halos.
B702EB81-0337-4915-8946-28C2E90A7E91.jpg

Halo-Install1.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
That's a nice looking bumper.. I think it's a bit out of my league price wise though. The DIY option looks great if you can weld.

I'm getting a real itch on for some armor. I want a good rear bumper this year for sure.

trailscape

Explorer
Ordered up a round of Spidertrax spacers over the weekend. The 4Runner wheels sit a bit narrower than I like. Hopefully these bring them out to match the flares.

I'm in need of a new floor jack.. Not sure of the best way to get one right now. Might have to be that guy that mail orders one.

On the other hand, it's probably not much worse than the rotors I ordered last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94