Trailfort Campers

billiebob

Looks more like a shell than a camper,, it should be very affordable as a bare box. I definitely like the outside access.
Pretty crappy ad tho, I thought it was a Toyota commercial.

czukie

Looks more like a shell than a camper,, it should be very affordable as a bare box. I definitely like the outside access.
Pretty crappy ad tho, I thought it was a Toyota commercial.
Huh? They look every bit as much of a camper as competing companies like Super Pacific, GFC, Topo, Vagabond, etc.

I agree their CGI’d photos on the website are kinda lame. Their Instagram has much more photos of actual campers. Still curious to hear from anyone who has seen them in person though…

Last edited:

dstefan

They look very nicely engineered and built. I wonder about that integrated tunnel though. Seems like it really chops down the useful bed length a lot in the interior. If its an option, thats great, but if its integral seems limiting. Losing that space in my Ovrlnd pop-up would have been a deal breaker for my needs.

czukie

They look very nicely engineered and built. I wonder about that integrated tunnel though. Seems like it really chops down the useful bed length a lot in the interior. If its an option, thats great, but if its integral seems limiting. Losing that space in my Ovrlnd pop-up would have been a deal breaker for my needs.
I agree if I had a 5’ bed but with a 6’ bed I like kinda like the idea of a “trunk”, especially since you can also access it from the inside. For me it would be designated to food and/or wet items. Obviously each persons set up will be different and it won’t appeal to everyone but I like the idea for my uses.

It’s also apparently not an option since all their campers are the exact same options to “expedite production times” which is also ingenious. I haven’t heard first hand but they claim their actual wait times are 6-8 weeks, which is one of the fastest production times for these genre of campers. Much like GFC, there’s very little customization so they can produce them as if they were mass producing a product I would suspect.

ScottReb

Adventurer
They are local to us and make a great camper. Unique in they use the double lift tent. Got to see it up close at our Rigs& Brew event we hosted. That said we like our new wedge camper better, :)

Attachments

• View recent photos (2).jpg
    View recent photos (2).jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 40

czukie

They are local to us and make a great camper. Unique in they use the double lift tent. Got to see it up close at our Rigs& Brew event we hosted. That said we like our new wedge camper better, :)
What wedge camper do you have?

ScottReb

Adventurer
The picture in the post above is our prototype. There are a couple more pictures on our IG as well, @fort.campers.

ScottReb

Adventurer
FORT Campers. We have a camper trailer and are finishing up our wedge camper. Our wedge will be all-aluminum, bent, and riveted construction. You can see a couple of shots on IG. As soon as it's back from powdercoat we will have it on our website. Our goal is a sub $8000 unit with no up charges for front/rear windows, ladder, mattress, etc.

ripperj

Explorer
Roger , thx, I didn’t understand the Fort vs Trailfort thing, I thought it was same company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke