Trailer wiring Ford E350

dinobody

Observer
I have a 2000 E350 with a factory 4 flat plug. I wanna wire a 7 pin plug with brakes. There is a brake controller plug on the driver side kick panel. Though the brake wire ends somewhere in the harness. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Doug

Grngiant

Adventurer
Check out e-trailer.com . They seem to have install vids for just about everything related to towing.

gtbensley

Explorer
I need to do this on mine as well. I believe its tucked up on the frame rail, left side, right before the spare tire. Follow the four pin wiring back and it should lead you to the factory connection.

Could you post a picture of the connection under the dashboard? I need clarification which one it is.

dinobody

Observer
The four flat was located on the driver's side near the spare tire but it does not have more wires tucked away for the 7. I followed it up the frame rail as far as I could and it still doesn't appear to have what I am told is a blue wire for the trailer brake or a charge wire

dinobody

Observer
I just watched the YouTube video and that pretty much described everything I needed to know and my van had the exact same plug setup

CaulkinsCo.

I mention of a charge wire, can that be used to top off a small house battery? Or at least a 12 volt cig port in the rear section?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz