Trailer wheel studs

PSea

if anyone is still reading this 9yr old thread, i'm going through exactly this same problem. spoke to dexter; no luck. tried different lug nuts; no luck. SOLUTION: Rough Country makes adapter rings that will fit the imperial hub sutds and provide the metric studs needed to support the 4runner's alloy rims. i've spoke to quite a few guys I'd consider experts on this specific topic. This is the only solution that will reliably work without having to worry about snapping studs.

jwiereng

if anyone is still reading this 9yr old thread, i'm going through exactly this same problem. spoke to dexter; no luck. tried different lug nuts; no luck. SOLUTION: Rough Country makes adapter rings that will fit the imperial hub sutds and provide the metric studs needed to support the 4runner's alloy rims. i've spoke to quite a few guys I'd consider experts on this specific topic. This is the only solution that will reliably work without having to worry about snapping studs.

Thanks for the info. Are these similar to spidetrax type spacers?

I do not wish for any added width.

Attachments

• 2D9A079B-FFB2-4BAC-85B8-66A2C00B6554.jpeg
    2D9A079B-FFB2-4BAC-85B8-66A2C00B6554.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3

kwill

Observer
I've also been through this problem. I specifically bought a trailer/axle that had a Dexter axle with 6 lug hubs so match up to my Tacoma wheels. But...same problem as above. I didn't want to go the adapter route because that would throw the wheels outside the fenders and require another round of modifications. Frustrating!

jwiereng

kwill,

You and I are on the same boat. Let’s both continue to pursue a satisfying solution.

Let us make a pact to divulge any solution we come up.

Let us post on this thread any progress for the betterment of the congregation.

PSea

Adapter rings i purchased are 1.5" thick. my tires will stay under the wheel well still. might slide the mud guard that hangs down from the wheel well a little outboard, but no concerns there.

good luck. i looked long and hard. hope you guys find something! pitch and offset are important here. anything but a sound solution and you will be breaking studs.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
How does AT trailers have tow vehicle matched wheels? Do you use a spacer adapter? Or do you press in metric studs?

If metric ones are pressed in, is it possible to purchase from AT?
You can hammer out the studs and press new metric studs in. You should be able to get replacement studs from NAPA. If you are not comfortable doing that, NAPA may have a machine shop that can do i, or take the hubs to a machine shop to have it done. Or of course give AT a call.

PSea

just be careful that the burles match. (thick part at base of the studs that creates the tight fit. I tried a few car parts places. No luck. Let us know how you make out.

jwiereng

just be careful that the burles match. (thick part at base of the studs that creates the tight fit. I tried a few car parts places. No luck. Let us know how you make out.

Yes. The matching knurl is the hard to find. Very easy to find m12x1.5 studs

highwest

Check out Bulletproof Off Road Adapters and give them a call. I dropped this name in a similar thread the other day - I promise I’m not a shill! ? Just a satisfied customer.

jwiereng

Seems like they also have 1/4 inch thick adapters. This may be the ticket many have sought.

Website does not have any photos of this particular item.

jwiereng

I recently spoke on the phone with Lenny from BORA.

0.250 spacers are simply slip in type spacers.

0.750 spacers are the thinnest ones that are bolt on type. Might require stud cutting.

PSea

kind of figured that given the spacer has to be at least thick enough that the studs don't protrude and the wheel can sit flat against the spacer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94