Trailer tongue weight distribution

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Must be an Australian phenomena.
Well I have always tried to buy the best 4x4 Gear I could afford that are built for the task, I upgraded my Tyres from 109-S rated Tyres which are 4 or 6 ply and have a load range of 930kgs per Tyre and replaced the lot with 120P rated Tyres which are 10 plies which have a Load range of 1400kgs Per Tyre,

My Trailer Hitch/Tow Ball is Rated to 3500kgs / 7700+ Lbs, I just don't like cutting corners when it comes to anything that is related to Safety or Load baring, because I don't wanna wreck my Truck and I don't wanna be responsible for injuring or taking another persons life just so I can save a Buck.

Last edited:

shade

Well I have always tried to buy the best 4x4 Gear I could afford that are built for the task, I upgraded my Tyres from 109-S rated Tyres which are 4 or 6 ply and have a load range of 930kgs per Tyre and replaced the lot with 120P rated Tyres which are 10 plies which a Load range of 1400kgs Per Tyre,

My Trailer Hitch/Tow Ball is Rated to 3500kgs / 7700+ Lbs, I just don't like cutting corners when it comes to anything that is related to Safety or Load baring, because I don't wanna wreck my Truck and I don't wanna be responsible for injuring or taking another persons life just so I can save a Buck.
Things can be more ... interesting elsewhere.

1564283012791.png

shade

With assistance by regularly required RW inspections, and consumer vehicles getting the same level of attention as DOT gives stateside.
No doubt that different countries take inspections seriously. I spent a month in Germany and never saw rust on a vehicle. Not even a dent.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
With assistance by regularly required RW inspections, and consumer vehicles getting the same level of attention as DOT gives stateside.
The UK has the worst Road Worthy rules etc in the world, Just so they can make an extra Buck they even test your Trailer Plugs now,

The trouble is the testers are near to useless, 2 months ago I took my Truck in for it's yearly test and they failed it for Excess Rust on the Drivers Side ( Right ) Front Brake Calliper Much to my Dismay So I ordered the new Part Along with a new 3 3/4 Ton Trolley / Floor jack and went to replace the Calliper And that Stuff they classed as RUST Turned out to be Cow Crap that had stuck to the Calliper when I went through a Bog Hole, That was their only fault they found on the Vehicle but when It went back to be retested by the same people they then listed another 6 or 7 minor issues that needed doing Again all related to burnt on Cow Crap.

But before I changed the Old Brake Calliper they tested my Brakes on their rolling Road Gizmo just after I had fitted the New Tyres and it achieved one of the highest Brake Pressures I have ever seen, My Brakes are that good when they stomped on the brake peddle there was a big loud bang and they almost broke their machine and the Truck Jumped Up, Lol

Bottom line it these AH's ended up costing hard earned money I did not need to spend,

john61ct

Adventurer
No doubt that different countries take inspections seriously. I spent a month in Germany and never saw rust on a vehicle. Not even a dent.
Das ist natürlich verboten!

Not just for safety, and keeping things looking spiffy, but a nice ongoing economic boost for the automotive industries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94