Trailer Stuff at SEMA 2015

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I'm at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas again this year, so I'll post interesting trailer stuff I run across.

Most interesting... Smittybilt is coming out with a trailer. They call it the Recon Overlander. Here are some photos...

SmittyRecon2_zpsu18js0v7.jpg

It's actually pretty nice. There are slides inside for the fridge and other gear and cargo.

SmittyRecon4_zpsjv2kbf3p.jpg

SmittyRecon3_zpszbv1091e.jpg

SmittyRecon1_zpsimb6vxjk.jpg

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Hitch needs to be replaced...wondering about the price too. Not a whole lot of storage in the trailer itself, but I'm used to a CDN M101.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Their cooler is an indel B, I've been happy with it so far. Hopefully their trailer will be contracted out to a quality mfg.

el_topu

Adventurer
Not a fan of Smittybilt products, trailer looks kind of small with not much storage room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Don't know about the price. The couple of times I went by the Smittybilt booth the people in it were busy so I didn't get to ask.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I did get a copy of the Smittybilt dealer catalog - the trailer above is described in more detail in it. If people are interested I can scan the pages and post them when I get home.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
If your trailer has a side-swing tailgate, this could be handy - the Storegate tailgate storage compartment/trail table. Shown here on a JK tailgate, it also fits on TJ tailgates (of course it could be useful on your Jeep too). Should be on the market in Q1 2016.

StoreGate1_zpsjryvrk23.jpg

StoreGate2_zpscpolvrda.jpg

bunger

Adventurer
They need to offer wheel hub options, so you can match the trailer wheels to your tow vehicle and not have to carry an extra spare tire.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Interesting to see the Xventure Trailer being exhibited. We had a long standing argument with SEMA regarding exhibiting AT trailers at the show, they insisted that as a manufacturer we should have a booth inside to qualify for exhibiting a trailer outside. We argued that the trailer was a vehicle exhibiting our vendors products, and that we attended the show to find new vendors and new products not as manufacturers. We also pointed out that there were many other vehicles being exhibited outside that did not have manufacturers with booths inside.

SEMA told us they had not been following up on their own regulations and would be enforcing them from that point forward. SEMA then enforced their policy of charging us the non exhibiting manufacturers rate to get badges to enter the show. I forget the exact price but they wanted hundreds of dollars per badge vs the $25.00 they were charging for members of the trade.

After almost 10 years of paying annual membership dues to support the trade organization we decided not to renew our membership. Now it appears that SEMA has reversed itself on it's own policy, unless of course Schutt Industries has a booth.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Interesting to see the Xventure Trailer being exhibited. We had a long standing argument with SEMA regarding exhibiting AT trailers at the show, they insisted that as a manufacturer we should have a booth inside to qualify for exhibiting a trailer outside. We argued that the trailer was a vehicle exhibiting our vendors products, and that we attended the show to find new vendors and new products not as manufacturers. We also pointed out that there were many other vehicles being exhibited outside that did not have manufacturers with booths inside.

SEMA told us they had not been following up on their own regulations and would be enforcing them from that point forward. SEMA then enforced their policy of charging us the non exhibiting manufacturers rate to get badges to enter the show. I forget the exact price but they wanted hundreds of dollars per badge vs the $25.00 they were charging for members of the trade.

After almost 10 years of paying annual membership dues to support the trade organization we decided not to renew our membership. Now it appears that SEMA has reversed itself on it's own policy, unless of course Schutt Industries has a booth.

I don't know if Schutt is displaying this trailer or of some other company is, I didn't see any sign or other indication that it was put there by Schutt. I'll see if I can find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94