Trailer rear stabilizer jack setup?

This is prob a noob question, but im not finding any info on it. Basically, I'm building up a bear trailersports trailgater and working on a 6' kitchen slide-out and I know when I pull out hundreds of pounds of gear the trailer is going to flip over on me. Is there a standard way / setup / gear that I should go with for rear stabilizer jacks? I'm going to mount a RTT on it as well, so definitely want it stable. I'd like to build/mount something so its easy to use when I setup camp.

Thanks,
JD

Louisd75

Adventurer
I'm partial to the BAL C-Series. I've got one on each corner of the teardrop I'm building and it's been really handy (but probably overkill for you). The trailer is absolutely rock solid when I put all four down. Having four also let me take the suspension off and set the trailer on 4" tall blocks when it came time to work on the roof.

http://norcoind.com/bal/products/consumer/stabilizing_products/c-jack.shtml

Keep in mind while shopping that you can put stuff under most of the designs to compensate for a low-side but some designs have a minimum amount of clearance needed to work.

I think that Adventure Trailer has one of the lightest/simplest stabilizer designs:

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Trailer-Rear-Stabilizer.html

Fritzoc

Observer
8395d61ee8e319413da6461646a4598c.jpg

Here’s what I had welded on. Can fold down the tailgate and stand on it.

JKChad

Observer
I 2nd the BAL Jack's. I got my rear pair off of Amazon for less then $100. They are way overkill, but so in the rest of my trailer. Lol.. super easy to operate. I use a compact 12v drill with the harden jack socket to have a quick/quite operation.
d02d69efa10b52d45fde6b849d4e6d10.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Detroitoutdoors

BALs are ideal for me. I mounted them at an angle to accommodate the length, and added the optional swivel feet so they don't sink into the dirt.
I also use a bit in a cordless drill to level it up.
20170501_214811.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles