Trailer in Design stage

RJ Howell

And this is close to where I'm at. I'm replacing/adding a rain edge over the hatch now. I want to be able to utilize the hatch in the open position when raining.

Okay, that sock idea was crap and looked ugly.. With the hatch covered and coated it's attached. I really don't like that much metal showing..
:thumbdown:

So onward to another idea. How to paint or cover. I went for the epoxy tape again. At least the adhesive will grab the paint and I can blend from there. Happier, yet not quite there yet. Would have been happier if the cloth cover worked.. Texture would have matched and the screws heads wouldn't show as much.. As this dries in, I do believe the lines you see will not show as much (this is still wet). Should it have been routed in before canvas? A good debate! Yes I debated that issue. I wanted that canvas on canvas bond when closed believing it's a better rain seal. I do like adding hardware while the paint is still tacky (or coating again to obtain that seal).

Latch system will be made shortly, yet it will only show on the inside. I like the idea of having to open the tailgate to access the latch. Nothing shown! Besides the tailgate locks and secures the cap. Likin' that part!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier