trailer help

jasonL_031

Adventurer
i have a 08 baja 10 y and i want to take off the standard ball hitch and put on a pintle or something that would allow me to actually take my camper to more remote areas with 360 ish degrees of movement any suggestions on how this could be done would be awesome (or if it can be done).

so i can do stuff like this

100_1043.jpg

thanks Jason.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We carry Multi Axis Couplers see http://www.adventuretrailers.com/accessories.html#couplerspins

In comparisons a ball coupler only gives you 15' of movement from vertical.

These couplers are rated for on road usage as well as off road. Little movement in comparison to what you would experience with a Pintel. You can removal all extra movement by adding a couple of Silent Hitch Pins.

I'm sure other members will chip in and tell you about their experience using the coupler.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I have the Pintle, the Lock and Roll and the Ball hitch (Variable 2"tongue receiver)

Pintle

Lock and Roll

Gotta tell ya, the Pintle/Lunette is the fastest/noisest, the Lock and Roll is the best I've had so far, quiet/solid/versatile--(AT trailer)

I'll never use the Ball hitch again

Good luck

:victory::coffeedrink::safari-rig::safari-rig:JIMBO

Sportsman Matt

Adventurer
Definately the Lock and Roll is the best for driving and noise reduction. The pintle has a tendancy to slap when hard braking, and the play in the pintle ring makes me nervous when towing, especially when a wind causes a little trailer sway. I've had no problem with the Lock and Roll at all.

mrchips

Adventurer
Lock and Roll the way to go, towed my Chaser off road alot, no problems, solid really strong, worth the money,,,,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94