Trailer go BOOM BOOM

UHAULER

Explorer
Took a quick trip up to Oregon with our 04 f250 and 16' Nash trailer. On day 5 we returned home,pulled into the driveway sunday morning at about 1:15 am and were in bed in our house at 1:30. About 4:30am we were awoken by an explosion and fire. The trailer was fully engulfed in fire and was only 10' from our house. All I could do was spray the side of the house and the back of the truck with the garden hose until the Fire dept. got there and put it out. Anybody want to buy a fixer upper trailer ? Just needs a little TLC:D
DSC01007copy.jpg

DSC01011copy.jpg

DSC01013copy.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
Propane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, that is our best guess. I turned off the fridge the night before. The furnace switch was on but the thermostat was set way down. Propane may have leaked and built up and the furnace or something else may have ignited it. We never gave propane a second thought in any camper we've owned, now I see the power and destruction it can cause.

Heading Out

Adventurer
Wow that's scary, glad nobody was inside, makes a good case for shutting the tanks off when you don't need it.

Good thing you where able to save the truck and the house.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Reminded me that I needed to order a new propane detector for my trailer, they don’t last forever.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Just grab a whole tail gate from a yard somewhere. Generally meth dealers can get you any tailgate color you want. Because getting that plastic top piece to stay on is a nightmare, even with an oem piece.

You wanted a Warn bumper anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94