TRAIL RUN: TBA...Date 4/15 (TAX DAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Trip update:

PERFECT WEATHER! 70-73 degrees on Saturday (after a few showers the day before...making for less dust and some puddles :jumping: )

The day should be a blast! I expect several different vehicle makes and models. Come on out.

Reminder: Bring $5 for a Red Rock Pass which we'll get at the trip's start.

And, for those still riding the fence on coming....here's teaser pics from each trail.

Broken Arrow:

63862798-L.jpg

Soldier's Pass:

25919529-L.jpg

Greasy Spoon/Pipeline:

25922692-L.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Mr. Shotts!

I have good news......and I have bad news......ohdangit!

The good news is......

I went to inspect my truck yesterday and it has a brand spanking shiny NEW engine in it!: :victory:
minitruck_toy_sg_big.gif

The bad news is......

It won't be ready until Tuesday:rolleyes:

I was soooo looking forward to doing these trails with you all! The Broken Arrow is one of my all time favorite scenic trails!

The other good news is......that all scenic trails I am on at the moment are my favorite scenic trails!;)

I'll catch you next time!

Have tons of FUN!:camping:

~Aloha! ...........Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

seth_js

Explorer
Don't mean to hijack the thread (oh, and I'd love to come, but I'm already commited to Sunflower tomorrow), but I remember mid last year some people were fussing over the $5 Red Rock passes. The way the Wilderness Act is written, it clearly states that fees cannot be charged for parking, picnicing, driving through or hiking through, or for camping in undeveloped campsites. In other words, you can only charge fees for developed areas. And if I remember correctly, some time late late last year, Coconino removed the requirement for Red Rock passes except for in developed areas so they were in compliance with the Wilderness Act.

I haven't been up to Sedona since then, so I don't know for sure or how they are handling it. Maybe they still accept the $5 for a Red Rock pass, but more as a "donation".

Any one else have some insight on this? Even if they don't require the pass any more, but accept it as a donation to help maintain the land, that is cool. I'll still get the pass when I go up there. I'm not trying to tell you guys not to get the passes, just curious, that's all. :)

-Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94