Trail repairs in your Synthetic winch line

chasespeed

Explorer
Opie... nice job....

Something, I think EVERYONE on here should know, is how to tie a proper bowline....... they are plenty strong, and will come undone w/o a problem, if done right... can work in a pinch....

The more I think about this... think about what I know, and what is second nature to me, vice what others dont know, or have never seen........

Just based on what is encompassed in this site, I think everyone should have a basic understanding of marlinspike..... Nothing too fancy... but, various splices with different styles of line.... as well as several styles of knot... bowline, and a spanish bowline(great for rescue if you dont have a harness handy)..... etc etc...

Again, nice job....

Oh, another good source for this info... is your local BoyScout Troop....though, I imagine that would be a tough nut to crack with the amount weirdos out there....

Chase

DamMan

Observer
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation or experience with the websites Im about to post.

Apparently there are some sites that will convert youtube videos into downloadable files... Along with a FireFox plugin..

http://mashable.com/2007/05/05/download-youtube-video/

Opie,

Ended up using KeepVid to download the videos once I had opened them in YouTube. Was simple and quick. Thank you for making the great videos and for giving the link to save them to my computer.

DamMan

opie

Explorer
Opie... nice job....

Something, I think EVERYONE on here should know, is how to tie a proper bowline....... they are plenty strong, and will come undone w/o a problem, if done right... can work in a pinch....

The more I think about this... think about what I know, and what is second nature to me, vice what others dont know, or have never seen........

Just based on what is encompassed in this site, I think everyone should have a basic understanding of marlinspike..... Nothing too fancy... but, various splices with different styles of line.... as well as several styles of knot... bowline, and a spanish bowline(great for rescue if you dont have a harness handy)..... etc etc...

Again, nice job....

Oh, another good source for this info... is your local BoyScout Troop....though, I imagine that would be a tough nut to crack with the amount weirdos out there....

Chase

Thanks... Another good couple of knots to know are the triple overhand and double or triple fishermans. The triple overhand can be used to make a temporary loop or eye in the line and the triple fisherman can be used to join 2 lines together.

Opie,

Ended up using KeepVid to download the videos once I had opened them in YouTube. Was simple and quick. Thank you for making the great videos and for giving the link to save them to my computer.

DamMan

Excellent. I was hoping they werent links that would take someone to someplace bad!!!

chasespeed

Explorer
Yeah, there is really a lot of info that could be put out..... especially with knots....

I would focus on stuff that is simple to learn, and commit to muscle memory.... I can tie so many knots, without thinking about it... in fact, if I try to think about it, or explain while doing it, I slow down, and screw up....

Another useful bit fo knowledge, would be repairs to wire rope... or, I should say, temp repairs.... permanent should be kept to someone who really knows what they are doing....

I would be more than willing to help... I dont know what you know...so... Not that I have much time to work with...

Chase

zjsheller

Observer
Can you run through how you do that?

You bet.
I downloaded Tube Mate and a flv player from the android market.

Then I went to you tube, downloaded the video to watch with the flv player.

If you want to pm me with your email address I can send you the links to the downloads.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

opie

Explorer
You bet.
I downloaded Tube Mate and a flv player from the android market.

Then I went to you tube, downloaded the video to watch with the flv player.

If you want to pm me with your email address I can send you the links to the downloads.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Im all set... But others may want to know how. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz