Trail Marker Up and Out with Wet Bath by Rollingstar MFGing

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Well my pick up date is finally here. Barring weather and " god willing and the creek don't rise" I will travel from Zion to NY and back to pick her up. I will stop and see 9 MFGering clients on the way to pay for gas money, coffee and amphetamines (JK). Please wish me luck.

I will post pics if anyone wants to see them.

My trailer has a few more options then past Trail Markers. It's simple, rustic, old school and light just like me. 18 feet long with a 12 x 7ish box. 102 " tall. It's not an RV its a camper. No permanent bed so yes folks I might have to fold bedding in the morning and evening. Wow that is really roughing it. Lot packed in this small trailer so having a tow vehicle like my Ford Transit van helps with storage.

If one wants a stand up with wet bath/cassette toilet, indoor kitchen (sink, stovetop and 12v frig), outdoor camp kitchen, awning 270, rooftop tent Terrapod, propex heater, truma water heater, Timbren 3500HD, ARK articulating hitch, isotherm 12v frig, Aluminum chassis, composite honeycomb panels, gray and fresh tanks, ramp door with deck mode, faulken wild peak tires, weight bearing stab jacks that work as jacks to change tires, two composite propane tanks plus a 10 pounder mounted on rear for camp kitchen, queen bed east west, custom screen wall with zippers and windows, artic tern window, roof rack, victron components, battle born batteries, zamp obdesian portable s 200 watt and back up camera all for 3,500 pound gwr then this trailer is your only choice ?

Rollingstar is killing themselves to catch up and will hopefully start taking new orders this spring.

EPO

Sounds fantastic! Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing some pics. Safe travels.

TGK

Yes, it would be great to see photos. Is yours an "Up and Out" model? I see that your unit does not have a permanent bed. Did you ever consider their "lift bed" set up that raises up to the ceiling?

Great question TGK. Yes on up and out. I deleted the lift bed because I am 6 '2" and was worried about head room. We have the platform type benches with tables that create the bed base. Went 20" by 20 " x 60," for more storage. Also exterior access doors on both drivers side and passenger side for outdoor kitchen storage in the 20 x20 benches. Got the Terrapod rtt for when collage age kids are with us. (not often) so we got sleeping for 4+. We plan on pulling out the tables and setting up the ramp door in deck mode during the day. I can then transfer my daughter who is handicapped from deck. Also added 12x12x50 cabinets above windows for more storage. Isotherm is installed high in shelf area so I don't have to bend over to get in frig

TGK

Great question TGK. Yes on up and out. I deleted the lift bed because I am 6 '2" and was worried about head room. We have the platform type benches with tables that create the bed base. Went 20" by 20 " x 60," for more storage. Also exterior access doors on both drivers side and passenger side for outdoor kitchen storage in the 20 x20 benches. Got the Terrapod rtt for when collage age kids are with us. (not often) so we got sleeping for 4+. We plan on pulling out the tables and setting up the ramp door in deck mode during the day. I can then transfer my daughter who is handicapped from deck. Also added 12x12x50 cabinets above windows for more storage. Isotherm is installed high in shelf area so I don't have to bend over to get in frig
Sounds like a great rig. How far back did you order it? I contacted back in late 2019 prior to Covid hitting and got a quote for an Up & Out build out. I'm only 5' 8" tall and figured I would just fit under the lifted bed. I considered flying out from the PNW to check them out at the time, but then Covid hit in early 2020 and I decided to pass. Of course, if I'd known then what I know now regarding cost and lead times, a different decision might have been made. Who knew the doors would be blown off the RV industry over the next 2+ years. So, they don't plan on reopening the order queue until this spring?

WillySwan

I’m looking forward to seeing pictures and getting the virtual tour. Good luck with the road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great rig. How far back did you order it? I contacted back in late 2019 prior to Covid hitting and got a quote for an Up & Out build out. I'm only 5' 8" tall and figured I would just fit under the lifted bed. I considered flying out from the PNW to check them out at the time, but then Covid hit in early 2020 and I decided to pass. Of course, if I'd known then what I know now regarding cost and lead times, a different decision might have been made. Who knew the doors would be blown off the RV industry over the next 2+ years. So, they don't plan on reopening the order queue until this spring?

I ordered mine in the spring of 2021. So close to 20 month wait. It been very hard waiting so long. Thier FRP supplier just said sorry we can't send you any panels for the next 12 months. They just could not afford to source a new supplier. I guess the good news is they stuck to thier 2021 pricing and by today's standards it's very reasonable.

They are trying to get caught up but it likely will be spring before the take new orders. I will let you know if it happens any sooner.

I forget we're your at with trailers. What did you end up with?

TGK

20 months, pretty amazing.
I never purchased a new trailer. We still have the 1971 23ft Airstream that we've owned for 18 years. Interior was gutted and rebuilt by previous owner. We've done some upgrades since owning it including new axles, shocks, wheels and some other stuff. Unfortunately, we sold the '99 F250 4x4 and 2010 Four Wheel Camper shell in March 2019, 12 months prior to the Covid craziness exploded. That combo was our backroad exploration vehicle. Have considered a variety of alternatives since then, but so far have not moved forward with a purchase.

Thanks ! Unfortunately due to weather I will likely pick up and get home as quickly as possible. Maybe you could put a rush on your trailer and I could bring it to NY for you. Leave Jan 13th.

DFNDER

Oh man, that would be pretty awesome! I think it’s just about done. Suppose I could head up to Utica and meet halfway but am in Mexico right now.

Grassland

Can't wait to see pics and get your opinions on it.
TM was on my short list but having none to see in person, and missing a few features as options when we were looking, combined with our weak Canadian dollar, we ended up not going that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online