Trail Marker Trailers

TGK

Anyone on here have any exposure to Trail Marker Trailers? I stumbled on this outfit located in upstate New York who are building a somewhat customizable "overlanding" trailer. Not a hard core off road rig, but it looks stout enough for the backroads and washboard highways out west. Struck me as similar to the Intech RV Explore Flyer but offering more options in terms of size and outfitting. Looks like the actual manufacturer is Rolling Star Manufacturing who has deep experience with custom commercial, command center and toy hauling aluminum trailers. I'm taking a close look to see whether what they have to offer would fit my needs and would love to learn whether anyone else has one or are familiar with their product.

https://www.trailmarkeroutdoors.com

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
No experience, but that is some serious $$$$ I bought from Vintage Trailer Works recently, they are base in Alabama much cheaper, but looking at the two the one you listed is nicer.

bob949

Trail marker are all aluminum with a composite type siding. The small model Bushwacker even comes with Timbren independent suspension. I have also been looking at them but the location is a long way from Calif.

TGK

Location in New York is an issue, as I'm in Oregon. I recall the owner advising that he shipped trailers to new owners in New Mexico and California. Also has one up in Alaska but they may have drove down to pick it up.

belloinsella

I also just saw these trailers and am interested. Been looking at the InTech Flyers, but you cannot stand up inside. They discontinued the "Discover" model which would have been perfect. Looking for al all aluminum chassis, lift platform bed and toy hauler configuration for a small family of four to sleep inside. No indoor kitchen or bathroom necessary and I need to tow with a Tacoma. Any others beside Trail Marker, VRV (large), ATC (too large)?

Last edited:

TGK

So far, I haven't run across anything with the features you mention other than the Trailmarker. I really like the lift bed option that would allow one to walk below or carry toys with bed in raised position. Usually only find those in larger toy haulers. I believe VRV used to make a smaller one but, I think they may have stopped production, at least for a while. I spoke with someone there early this year and he suggested they were exploring some new concepts. Definately seems to be a nitch that needs filling.

billiebob

Looks like a cool trailer. My kind of style, an oversized teardrop for my ancient, oversized body.... but what a crappy website. Near useless to figure out what the differences are between models. 8000 photos and zero coherence.

Grassland

Im pretty excited about them. The size hits what i think is a sweet spot, large enough to have some live in room, but small enough for service roads, and the good non serviced spots in campgrounds. 6x12 to 7x14.
They are pretty new, and I agree the website sure could use some work. Right now the owner is fairly interested in talking to prospective clients to began finding out what the most common options and layouts are going to be to make some more packages/standards from what I can tell.
Of course, i get super excited, i find something that technically ticks most of the boxes for the wife, and almost all for me, and yet my wife comes back with " i don't know, I just don't like it"
I've threatened to go back to tenting, so we will see how it goes.
Owner even expressed interest in doing a tip out bunk, which, in regular TT circles, is pretty popular.
What excites me the most, is what the walls are made of. No ************ luan board with gel coat over it to delaminate when the thin bead of caulking fails and lets water in like Thor/Forest River stuff. Aluminium frame. Only other trailer manufacturer I know of using honeycomb composite wood free walls is Safari Condo from Quebec.

Grassland

In the tiny trailer market yes there are good material choices.

For trailers you can stand up and walk around in, the choices are fewer.

Supermanbaja

Iv been working in the RV industry for 18 years and having exterior sealants leak and doing major damage to the RV is very common and the quickest way to total an RV. I think the composite exterior structure is the best thing for the shell. For the inside as well if there was a product that had the warmth of wood but didn't swell or rot when it gets wet because its an RV and there will be a time in its life that water will spill or leak.

gdlals

Im pretty excited about them. The size hits what i think is a sweet spot, large enough to have some live in room, but small enough for service roads, and the good non serviced spots in campgrounds. 6x12 to 7x14.
They are pretty new, and I agree the website sure could use some work. Right now the owner is fairly interested in talking to prospective clients to began finding out what the most common options and layouts are going to be to make some more packages/standards from what I can tell.
Of course, i get super excited, i find something that technically ticks most of the boxes for the wife, and almost all for me, and yet my wife comes back with " i don't know, I just don't like it"
I've threatened to go back to tenting, so we will see how it goes.
Owner even expressed interest in doing a tip out bunk, which, in regular TT circles, is pretty popular.
What excites me the most, is what the walls are made of. No ************ luan board with gel coat over it to delaminate when the thin bead of caulking fails and lets water in like Thor/Forest River stuff. Aluminium frame. Only other trailer manufacturer I know of using honeycomb composite wood free walls is Safari Condo from Quebec.

I had a custom trailer built some years ago with almost the same layout, 6x12, same width as my jeep. I finished the inside myself with a queen size bed, storage and fridge underneath but still enough room to stand, dress, etc. We absolutely love this layout, and will handle pretty rough trails no problem.509334509335

belloinsella

gdlals, that's a great lookinf trailer. I may end up building something myself. Your shell looks kinda like a Colorado Trailer. I'm gonna look into custom trailer builders and see if they can make one out of the FRP material.

gdlals

gdlals, that's a great lookinf trailer. I may end up building something myself. Your shell looks kinda like a Colorado Trailer. I'm gonna look into custom trailer builders and see if they can make one out of the FRP material.

That's what I did. I designed the overall size, door, window, lights and wiring diagram and took that to a custom toy-hauler builder in California. They built out the trailer to my specs fully insulated with paneling in place and I finished the inside with the battery system, extra lights, fridge, bed, etc.

The trailer is steel frame with aluminum panels and trim, no rivets, all attached with VHB

The only thing I would change is the spare tire placement. I have it on the tongue of the trailer and it is on the edge for tongue weight for my Jeep at 325#

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94