Trail Kitchen in Jeep Wrangler JKU, CA

Thaletterp

Looking to hire someone that can custom build a trail kitchen in the back of my 2017 Jeep Wrangler. I originally was looking to order the goose gear complete camp kitchen but found out it’s 6-8 weeks to order and I don’t want to wait that long. Need someone that’s available ASAP and can get it done in less time. Willing to pay generously for your time ... labor... materials... etc. I want it to look professional ... please only contact me if you have experience building and know and understand what’s needed to build a trail kitchen.
I have attached the goose gear picture as inspiration and give you an idea of what I’m looking for....I’m always open to making it better if you have any ideas and suggestions of your own ;)

Attachments

• 3FD85B50-AEAB-4AF3-87C6-841BE0E0FFBD.jpeg
    3FD85B50-AEAB-4AF3-87C6-841BE0E0FFBD.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 115

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I would throw in a folding plastic table and put your stuff in a bin while you wait for the commercial system you want. Unless you have a complete design and specifications, you are unlikely to get something that “looks professional” that fast. If you go to sleep every night in a nest made of $100 bills, you might be able to get a dedicated craftsman to drop everything for you, but they will still need to design something, then order and wait for parts. Do you already have major components, stove, fridge, wiring, tailgate table, lighting, and slides sourced?

Viatorem

Looking to hire someone that can custom build a trail kitchen in the back of my 2017 Jeep Wrangler. I originally was looking to order the goose gear complete camp kitchen but found out it’s 6-8 weeks to order and I don’t want to wait that long. Need someone that’s available ASAP and can get it done in less time. Willing to pay generously for your time ... labor... materials... etc. I want it to look professional ... please only contact me if you have experience building and know and understand what’s needed to build a trail kitchen.
I have attached the goose gear picture as inspiration and give you an idea of what I’m looking for....I’m always open to making it better if you have any ideas and suggestions of your own ;)

I've built a few drawer systems for my jeeps based on the Goose Gear system, only better. I use extruded t-slot alimunium for the frame, and cabinet-grade birch plywood for the drawers and tops. Too bad you aren't in OR... I'd be happy to take on this fun project.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Checkout Quinn at @Everchanginghorizon on Instagram. Phenomenal carpenter and photographer. Builds camper vans for himself on a regular basis. Here is his most recent build thread:

billiebob

Craigslist, ForSale on this forum.....

"Willing to pay generously"

Sell yours, buy a turnkey overlander, the JKU is incredibly popular.

"found out it’s 6-8 weeks to order and I don’t want to wait that long"

10 days later..... any closer ??

Last edited:

ramatl73

Observer

Just some thoughts from someone who went this route prior to having his mind changed. Max cargo payload of a JK is around 1000-1200lbs max. This includes the people in the vehicle.

If you put this in your JK your cargo payload limit is toast.

I would put a table on the tail gate, strap and ARB fridge in the back and build a small Pelican case kitchen kit. Travel in a JK requires thinking like an ultralight backpacker.

Do you really NEED a gourmet kitchen setup like this for overland travel? Or does it just look cool? We have a table on the tailgate and setup similar to this. Sure, it's not as glamorous, but it works and is A LOT lighter.

kitchen-box-open-jpg.1113692

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles