Trade it in for a Hilux D-4D 3.0L

mauricio_28

Adventurer
At an additional cost of US$900, I've got the opportunity to trade in my 2008 TDI D40 Nissan Navara with 15,000 km, canopy, bedliner, LT tires for a new though stock 2009 Toyota Hilux D-4D 3.0L. What do you think?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I always go Toyota before Nissan! I think 15 times I've bought Toyota and zero Nissans. If the diesel Patrol was available here I might have had 1 Nissan:sombrero:

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
I If the diesel Patrol was available here I might have had 1 Nissan:sombrero:

Obviously you havent heard of the ZD30 grenade problem where the
piston(s) explodes from the turbo over boosting.
Its affected probably more than a hundred owners in oz.
Nissan are not very helpful.
Earlier models of the Patrol are fine

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
You bet it is! and it can take most 4runner parts except the engine.

I have friends who have towed vans around oz with the Navara and they were happy.
The 6sp gearbox is a bit of a con as the top gear ratio is no higher than the 5sp:coffee:
The Hilux on the other is not as tough as the earlier models,its become softer and more like a Prado.
To be honest I would still prefer the Hilux but I dont think its miles out in front like they once were and probably not worth the $10k more than the competition

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I was thinking more old scoool like the GQ... I probably still wouldn't touch a Nissan with a ten-foot-pole! I'm sure they make a heep of people very happy however, I will always be in a Toy. I would feel like I was cheating on Tojo in a Nissan!:sombrero:

BiG BoB

Adventurer
I've never understood one eyed fans of either make, they both make excelent products...

I personally like the Hilux better than the D40. I'd keep a D22 over a hilux however.

Did the Strezleki Track last week in a near-new hilux and was very impressed at its comfort levels whilst travelling at suicidal speeds :)

Sean

BiG BoB

Adventurer
I've never understood one eyed fans of either make, they both make excelent products...

I personally like the Hilux better than the D40. I'd keep a D22 over a hilux however, and yes I have offroad experience in them all.

Did the Strezleki Track last week in a near-new hilux and was very impressed at its comfort levels whilst travelling at suicidal speeds :)

Sean

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It is nothing about number of eyes... I just have had hilux's since my first car at age 16. I just know them inside out. I lust after G-wagons, Defenders and a few others, but it seems to make more sense to drive and wrench what you know if you have limited time to begin with. When I win the lotto, I'll have one of everything!!! :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz