Traction pad, (Paddle board style)

Porkchopexpress

I ordered some traction pads with 3M adhesive backing to use on folding stairs and other miscellaneous parts of my truck and camper. I don't know how well it will hold up on the stairs but it is almost weightless and will allow my dog to climb them without slipping on raw aluminum. I don't have my camper yet so i took a picture with the stairs lined up with the bed.
I also put a piece in the center consol in the phone cutout that was bare plastic before.20210912_145352.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Nice idea! I've been thinking about ways to make my Jeep easier to access for my dog who can just about jump in....but not quite.

All kind of options for this on Amazon. Called deck pads. I see there are some large sheets you can cut to the size needed.

I have steel rock sliders that need some type of traction on top to use as a step. Was going to use stair grip tape but may look into this instead.

Porkchopexpress

Yes, I got mine on Amazon, cut to size. They come in lots of colors too, but I decided to stay boring. I would say that under heavy use with boots walking on them, they might not hold up more than a season or 2. I'll try to update after they have had some use.20210912_145402.jpgScreenshot_20210913-141953_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

I use a similar product for my dogs, except they get into and out of my RTT via my hood so I've affixed it to the hood and the roof of my rig. I've had two vehicles that I've set up this way.

Locally, I can get 3M "Safety Walk", which is a roll of tape about 4" wide. Lowes also sells similar products, but this "Deck Pad" has a cool texture.

For removal, I believe a bit of heat from a heat gun works wonders.

Alloy

I've a love / hate relationship with non skid tape due to the fact it holds water, picks up dirt and is hard to clean.

Best thing I've found is perforated / punched metal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles