Traction boards for the big trucks?

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
I’ve been considering these, mainly because it would be easier to install mounting pins or bolts right now - but it seems most are way under the weight rating I’d prefer for my kodiak. Anybody in the 15k lb + club actually used traction boards and have any input? The ease of trying these first as a recovery option is Attractive

java

Expedition Leader
Maxtrax! They have been under my F450 and my past E350 rv, as well as numerous other rv's in ski lots. Thwy have taken abuse I wouldn't have thought they would. Like almost completely flat and popped back to shape. I have two sets now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
Nice, they’re spendy but definitely get solid reviews! Do you use their mounting pins or did you make your own?

I just put a rack for a 5 gal diesel can on one side of the back next to the double doors, and I’m thinking that having a set of boards on the other side could be worthwhile.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
Interesting, I sent them an inquiry to see what gvwr they can handle:

GoTreads were designed for heavy military vehicles and over-the-road semi-trucks. They have been successfully tested under fully loaded semi-trucks weighing 82,000 pounds. GoTreads will take the punishment and it comes with a lifetime warranty - if you break them, we will replace them.
Thank you for considering GoTreads as your emergency traction tool option.”

For my purposes this is probably my choice, I can use these in my car too for winter!

Last edited:
I just ordered a set. Not that expensive, not heavy. I carried 4 x 5 foot PSP sections for a while but 132 lb is considerable even for the Unimog. And each 33 lb section was heavy and unwieldy and I stopped carrying them several years ago, they are now leaning against a tree next to the driveway.
I got just a pair of these since the rear is always the problem. 4500kg vs 8000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior