Traction Board Mounting Options?

Bravo30

I need to mount 2 traction boards next to the the exhaust fan up front (1 one each side to keep height down). What’s the best way to do this?
FB60AFB5-811D-448E-8081-1063EBA84BEB.jpeg

krick3tt

Adventurer
Mounting hardware is sold for the boards or with the boards. I recommend using the ones for the boards you buy.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Mounting hardware is sold for the boards or with the boards. I recommend using the ones for the boards you buy.

Depending on your boards, sometimes the "factory" mount isn't awesome. I really like my TRED Pro boards, but their mount uses overly-complicated composite handles that supposedly could be "locked" once seated onto ribbed studs, but there was so much play you could just yank them off the studs. Maybe they've improved things since - I got early hardware since I was in the original "Pro" kickstarter many years ago.

In the end, I made my own mount by putting big riv-nuts into the surface I wanted to mount the boards to, then using stainless eye-bolts and a big fender washer double-nutted to the right place on the bolt to let me screw the boards down without over-compressing things:

tred-mount.jpg

Bravo30

Completely off topic but what size is your boat hatch?

24” Vetus marine hatch.

Build thread

ExpoMike

24” Vetus marine hatch.

Build thread

Thanks for the info. Nice build out of the hatch.

4000lbsOfGoat

The mounts that MaxTrax sells for their boards have worked really well for me. No movement at all when the boards are latched down.

maxtrax_mount_1.jpg

maxtrax_mount_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles