Tracks4Africa working on new automotive navigation solution - Press Release

gjackson

FRGS
27 July 2011 - Stellenbosch, South Africa

Tracks4Africa working on new automotive navigation solution

Tracks4Africa has announced cooperation with iGO My way Navigation and Planet Electronics on a new automotive navigation solution that will unveil a new era for in-vehicle navigation in Africa.

Tracks4Africa, a community mapping company from South Africa, provides travellers in Africa with up-to-date maps for traversing the continent. Today Tracks4Africa announced their cooperation with NNG LLC, a leading navigation solution provider and developer of the iGO Navigation software range, which will see the integration of Tracks4Africa mapping data into the popular iGO My Way navigation software. iGO My way enables offline navigation on a wide variety of hardware solutions and platforms for the automotive, personal navigation and wireless industries.

The aim is to bring a leading content and navigation solution to users of the Caska aftermarket infotainment units which are distributed and supported by Planet Electronics, a distributor with a network all over Africa.

According to Johann Groenewald, managing director of Tracks4Africa, the use of Tracks4Africa maps in automotive navigation devices is a high priority for his company, and their cooperation with both iGO My way and Planet Electronics is the key to the success of this project. “We believe that NNG’s iGO My way navigation software is leading in its class, and Planet Electronics is providing excellent products and services to local customers”, says Groenewald.

“We are excited to further extend and update our Africa coverage. We believe that together with Tracks4Africa we’ll be able to meet and exceed customer requirements for aftermarket units in even more African countries,” says Péter Balogh, interim CEO at NNG LLC.

Implementation of the Tracks4Africa data for the iGO My way software is in progress. The launch of the new automotive product with Tracks4Africa content is planned for Q4 2011.

For more information visit the web page or contact me direct.
http://tracks4africa.co.za/partners/media/press/T4A_iGo/

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior