Trackmaster Tyre Recall

Ninja Truck

R.O.A.D OVERLAND
Yes the problem tires did make it into Canada and the US. We had major issues with our Trackmaster tires if you have purchased these in Canada or the US contact your dealer. Not sure why we haven't seen a recall in Canada and the US from the dealers. It took us over 7 months to try and get replacement tires from the dealer and ended up having to buy new tires ourselves after being stuck in a small town in Oregon for 2 days on our way to BAJA.

Darwin

Explorer
What are the other options for tires if the TrackMasters are on recall and not recommended? Not many options I have found with a load index of 131

Ninja Truck

R.O.A.D OVERLAND
I'm running the NITTO Ridge Grapplers load rating 124 I believe. They have done amazing for us so far and holding up really well we have around 20'000 kms on them. Our FUSO is only running around the 11,000lb mark so not crazy heavy.

What are the other options for tires if the TrackMasters are on recall and not recommended? Not many options I have found with a load index of 131
Check out Patriot M/T's 37x12.5 R17 LT 131Q been very happy with mine. And my FG weights 6,400kg when fully loaded!

Gladiator M/T's 37x13.5 R17 LT 131Q are also a monster looking tyre but watch your clearance with standard suspension.

Cuddy

Observer
Check out Patriot M/T's 37x12.5 R17 LT 131Q been very happy with mine. And my FG weights 6,400kg when fully loaded!

Gladiator M/T's 37x13.5 R17 LT 131Q are also a monster looking tyre but watch your clearance with standard suspension.
I have had the gladiators on for around 45000kms, they are now worn and impossible to balance- I should have been more diligent on rotation and probably would have gotten another 10k on them. They have been an awesome tyre, once aired down to suit the conditions there is no stopping the truck!.... although I was unlucky enough to pick up a railway dog spike on the old Gahn Rd in Alice Springs which prematurely ended our Simpson desert crossing and unfortunately required a replacement tyre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles