Toyota Townace 4x4 Camper Diesel (Salt Lake City)

Losh

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.26.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.28.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.29.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.28.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.29.13 AM.png

I imported and registered this 1991Toyota Townace Camper Van in Utah, but due to a long lasting house remodel, am no longer going to hold on to it. There is tons of potential with building out these campers!

Asking $19,00 OBO

This camper has Toyota's 2C model 2.0 liter naturally aspirated diesel engine, and 4wd high and low range. It gets around 20-25 mpg depending on how you drive it. It's a 5 speed manual transmission column shifter (5 on the tree!). It only has 40,000 miles on the odometer. I've been driving it around the past 4-5 months with no mechanical issues at all.

Aside from a few rust spots that can be repaired, it's in great condition for a vehicle this old. It can comfortably drive 60-65 mph long distances (slows down considerably on hills). The engine is in fantastic condition and has been in to see two different mechanics to for inspection to make sure it's road trip ready.

It has working AC / Heat in the cab, and a ceiling fan in the cabin. There is a webasto diesel heater installed that I haven't been able to get working although it looks to be in good shape. Probably a wiring issue that I'll keep poking around with. There is also a working shower, sink, engel 12v refrigerator, and lighting throughout. The electrical and batteries have all been redone by a van builder locally to ensure that it's all safe and up to modern standards.There is also new flooring and windows resealed along with steel bench frames refinished with new carpet and paint.

Interior has an interesting setup that could be used as is, or my plan was to gut it and build something custom to what I want. I've seen other campers like this that have done both. It can sleep two on the bottom and two on top bunk. If you don't need the top bunk, you can remove the slats from under the bench and free up a lot of extra storage space. There is overhead storage and some compartments over and under the sink. There is extra space to add more storage compartments if needed.

Let me know if you have more questions or want additional pictures. Underneath there are areas of minor surface rust but nothing on frame or major. Please shoot me a text with any questions. 801-809-1363

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94