Toyota owners: I'm looking to switch, and am willing to be convinced!

AZ4Runner

Observer
Eh he already bought a jeep.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Such a sad world.

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
You should see the gnashing of teeth over there because I dared to say that the Chrysler 4.7 is an unreliable engine.

Lol! Teeth gnashing. You throw out an uninformed comment without anything backing it up and when someone with years of experience with the engine disputes it you call gnashing of teeth? I guess if that make you feel good....

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
If you go Grand Cherokee, beware the 4.7 V8 in the '99-'04 models. They're bad for jumping time.
No, they are not. They are an overhead cam engine and it is possible the guides wear but they are not "bad" for jumping time. I own two vehicles with this engine, one (2003) with 160K miles and one (1999) with 260K miles. Both on original chains and guides.

It is a proven, reliable, powerful and efficient engine. It was a fantastic replacement to the 318.

Funny guy 😜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles