Toyota Hilux Galaxy

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Those 80’s trucks were light and strong vs todays trucks are heavy built for swiss standards in crash safety. Its amazing how weight changes what can be done with the smaller trucks.

That last photo shows how the bump outs on the doors tie the camper with in more with the cab. I kinda agree with you they fit the look.

The PNW is a great area for that sort of rig, no 80mph super highways, and plenty of great hideaways where smaller rigs can be really enjoyable to have. Especially heated dry cabin rigs!

60toyetero

Adventurer
Those 80's trucks were light and strong vs todays trucks are heavy built for swiss standards in crash safety. Its amazing how weight changes what can be done with the smaller trucks.

That last photo shows how the bump outs on the doors tie the camper with in more with the cab. I kinda agree with you they fit the look.

The PNW is a great area for that sort of rig, no 80mph super highways, and plenty of great hideaways where smaller rigs can be really enjoyable to have. Especially heated dry cabin rigs!

If you see it on that picture then you would like it in person... I like the way it gives the truck doors a little width and tides things together. Might even be making it aerodynamically stable hahah. I agree with this type of rig being perfect for the PNW. I can't wait for the snow to start coming down out here so we can have fun in the snow and be cozy and dry inside. We have had a lot of camping set ups and this is by far my favorite. RTTs are awesome for warm weather but if you have it on a really tall rig is a pain in the butt to open and if it rains then is a mess to close up all wet. Pop top campers are great since they are small when they are down but everyone knows your inside because you have to pop it open to use the bed. There are pros and cons to any set up for sure but this works out perfect for what we need right now. I would love to take this rig and travel the world hands down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles