Toyota Dyna 4x4 from factory (same as Hino)

isuzuelffan

Dynas are quite popular in Australia, even thou most work in their weight class is done by 4x4 ute's like Hilux, Holden Rodeo and all the others. My Isuzu Elf has same size, 3.1 liter

maravedil

Dynas are quite popular in Australia, even thou most work in their weight class is done by 4x4 ute's like Hilux, Holden Rodeo and all the others. My Isuzu Elf has same size, 3.1 liter

There in australia, u know any RV or EV made with a Dyna basis? if yes u can send us picks, url, or something where we can pick some info?

brgds
RR

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
I actually made enquiries about buying one (the double cab 4x4 version as in video) here in Switzerland a few years ago. Local Toyota dealer told me they don't offer that model in their line-up and wasn't interested in arranging any special order for me.

By the looks of their site, Nestle Toyota in Germany is willing to handle the import for you.

From their website, they also make the Dyna in a tripple cab- not sure what you'd want that for, except as the ulimate landscaper truck.
With torsion bar suspension and 5-lug axles, plus a semi-floater in the rear, I would guess the suspension is like the 100 series cruiser in the front. The right truck campler, mounted on some storage boxes could be pretty cool on one of these.

Last edited:

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I love these! Been casually looking for one for a year or so, but haven't found any for sale. I did see one on the highway on Vancouver Island about two years ago. Not a 4x4, but still really cool to see. Loved the size and with 4x4 and a small, lightweight camper...oh man!

This is the version I've been waiting for. It should be 15 years old and admissible to Canada by now.

View attachment 152021

maravedil

I love these! Been casually looking for one for a year or so, but haven't found any for sale. I did see one on the highway on Vancouver Island about two years ago. Not a 4x4, but still really cool to see. Loved the size and with 4x4 and a small, lightweight camper...oh man!

Are u talking about something like this? :victory:

1dyna.jpg2dyna.jpg

bjowett

Adventurer
Hino offers the 195 in single and double cab version for the USA and Canada markets. There's no 4x4 option, but I might know of a of a transfer case that can be bolted to the transmission... then pick a front axle... hmmmm.

Attachments

• hino195sc.jpg
    hino195sc.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 23
  • hino195dc.jpg
    hino195dc.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Dyna-300-double-cab-.jpg
    Dyna-300-double-cab-.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26

Clutch

<---Pass
Hino offers the 195 in single and double cab version for the USA and Canada markets. There's no 4x4 option, but I might know of a of a transfer case that can be bolted to the transmission... then pick a front axle... hmmmm.

hmmmmm is right! A Hino version of the FG would be awesome.

andrew-amesz-2.jpg

bjowett

Adventurer
I don't know what they use for the t-case, the engine and transmission options are different over in SE Aisa. The front axle appears to be the same unit as the rear, but with knuckles.

Dodge uses the same Aisin Transmission in their HD 3500 trucks, which can be had with an NV271 transfer case attached. There's a good chance, though not certain, that the parts exist to adapt an NV271 to the Aisin in the Hino 195.

BTW, Hino offers the 195 in a Hybrid version.

Clutch

<---Pass
I don't know what they use for the t-case, the engine and transmission options are different over in SE Aisa. The front axle appears to be the same unit as the rear, but with knuckles.

Dodge uses the same Aisin Transmission in their HD 3500 trucks, which can be had with an NV271 transfer case attached. There's a good chance, though not certain, that the parts exist to adapt an NV271 to the Aisin in the Hino 195.

BTW, Hino offers the 195 in a Hybrid version.

Thank you for the information

maravedil

OK, i try give some infos... all infos are about Dyna, produced in Portugal.

We have 3 types of Dyna, Small, Medium and Large (S, M, and L).

S and M have 3.0L D-4D common rail engine with 136hp and max. bin. 300Nm at 1200~2400 rpm
L have a 4.0L D-4D common rail engine with 150hp and max. bin. 397Nm at 1800rpm

The 4x4 factory version is in a S frame with double cabin :mad: (i prefer single)
Agles are 31.5º front , 29º back (factory tyres, 235/75 R15), ground clearance 0.315 mts
Max velocity 125km/h

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles