Toyota 4x4 camper on craigs Austin

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
gearguywb said:
That rig has some serious potential!

Yes, very rare and a great price depending on condition of key components and sheetmetal/frame.

I would snatch it up if it were near me :punk03:

toyfunraider

Observer
Anyone in the austin area that could take a look ? I have an old girl friend that moved to Austin but I don't think she likes me....

I've requested additional photos.

czenkov

Adventurer
It looks very clean, but been giving some thought and, hasn't this been posted here or another forum before?

Last edited:

pcampbell

Adventurer
toyotatruckjunkie said:
I emailed him. I'm interested. If I get more pics from him, I'll post here if I can. Looks pretty interesting.

Junkie -- You need that for the Jamboree! :D

That should solve all of your needs in one cool platform. Now if I can ever get my trailer built, we are gonna go places...

toyotatruckjunkie

Adventurer
Well, I got a hold of the guy yesterday. He said I was 2nd in line and would call me back when he had a definite yes or no from the 1st. He hasn't returned my follow-up message from this morning yet.

But, I did get some more pics from him. I can't seem to attach them here. Is there something else I need to do to have that ability????

Even if it was sold, I was going to try and go look at it (~3 hrs ea. way) just to get a feel for the layout. It's pretty neat based on the pics. He said it was made by Odyssey. He flew to CA and drove it back to TX. It looks like a regular mini-truck 4x4 chassis to me (non full-floater rear), non-SR5 interior (no tach), 5 spd trans, no holding tanks, small fresh water tank,...

It can't possibly be the only one Odyssey ever made. I've done a little research on them w/o much luck. If anyone else has any info on them, please share. Are they still in business? etc...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO POST PICS HERE.

Beachboyy

Adventurer
I have also tried to search for info on them and had no luck. The toyota odyssey that i have found doesnt look anything like this once (not 4x4). I have also talked to this guy and told him I have cash in hand. He said he had someone going to look at it yesterday and he would let me know. He hasnt got back to me yet. Toyota Junkie, can you please send me those pics at gusmolan at gmail dot com and I will post them up to the forum. You have to upload them to something like photobucket and them post the url in an html tag.

Beachboyy

Adventurer
Seller said that person who looked at it yesterday left a deposit and is coming back today to pay the remainder. So I think we can consider it SOLD. :( If anyone ever runs across another one please post it up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior