Toyota 4Runner still drives after being crushed by tree

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Wholy Cow!

Have you guys seen this storyon Autoblog? Bad weekend in the mountains, eh? Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see this anywhere else on Expo.

4runner-log.jpg

deadbeat son

Explorer
Cool story for sure! One thing I don't understand though, is why are they making a big deal out of the 4Runner starting and driving? The tree obviously fell on the rear of the passenger compartment, leaving the engine compartment and drivetrain unscathed. Why wouldn't they expect it to start?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Cool story for sure! One thing I don't understand though, is why are they making a big deal out of the 4Runner starting and driving? The tree obviously fell on the rear of the passenger compartment, leaving the engine compartment and drivetrain unscathed. Why wouldn't they expect it to start?

My thoughts exactly. I would have been more surprised if it hadn't started!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
BS Flag

"That's what one couple in Washington State found out when they went camping with their Toyota 4Runner along the Barlow Pass in the northern Cascade mountains.

When a storm approached they sought shelter, but fortunately didn't hide inside their Toyota. A hundred-foot-tall hickory tree fell on it, crushing the back portion of the SUV."

BS, there are no "100-foot-tall hickory trees" growing in the wilds of the Northern Cascades. As a former Logger I've worked that country and by the look of that short log it's not deciduous and most likely a Fir (maybe Hemlock but I say a Fir from the pic).

grimbo

Explorer
The type of tree is irrelevant to the story.

Well technically that's right, but this is a forum. So we need 20 people to argue over which spec level and year the 4runner. Then 14 to argue over what sort of tree it is and then 20 more argue over whether that tree actually grows in that neck of the woods. Finally everyone agrees on a tree and spec etc of the vehicle. But then 2 years later someone grave digs the thread and says it was their neighbours, sister's, dog walkers ex girlfriends flat mate knows the guy and it's definetly not a 4runner and it was a maple.

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Methinks its the beginning of a trend. This photog was grabbed in Washington DC today or yesterday.

18921686_BG3.jpg

Could we call in the "Argue over conspiracy theories" team now?

98roamer

Explorer
Well technically that's right, but this is a forum. So we need 20 people to argue over which spec level and year the 4runner. Then 14 to argue over what sort of tree it is and then 20 more argue over whether that tree actually grows in that neck of the woods. Finally everyone agrees on a tree and spec etc of the vehicle. But then 2 years later someone grave digs the thread and says it was their neighbours, sister's, dog walkers ex girlfriends flat mate knows the guy and it's definetly not a 4runner and it was a maple.

So you think it's a maple too? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles