Toyo Open Country AT2 285/75r17 on 2012 Ram2500

ripperj

Explorer
I found a few people that are running these on newer Rams, but I could not verify that they didn't rub the upper control arms at full lock.

Also will a spare fit in the stock location without modifying the heat shield for the muffler?

Truck is stock suspension and rims, I have an Alaskan camper that will go in the back.

Thanks! I want to order these for next week?
Sent from my Passport

js9234

Observer
Not exactly the same but I have a 2014 Ram 3500 and have 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on stock suspension and they don't rub at all and I have a full size spare that fits in the stock spare location without any problem.

ripperj

Explorer
Thanks, if I did the math right yours are. 25" bigger, but I don't know what changes were made with the newer trucks

Sent from my Passport

ripperj

Explorer
Got them on the truck, look about right, fills the wheel well, but no rub at full lock, not sure if I stuff one wheel up high in the front.
The spare fits with minimal clearance. I hope the hoist is up to carrying the extra weight around.
The ride is much improved over the stock Rugged Trail T/As. Pretty decent howl at highway speeds though, not insane like a Super Swamper, but louder than I expected

Thanks for the input

Sent from my Passport

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Hope so, just ordered up 5 of them. If they show up at the tire place as planned, they will be on tomorrow

Sent from my Passport

The spare fits too. I've used that size in Toyo's for years. On my '07 there's a hole on the inside of the inside of the frame opposite the tire on both sides. I use a ratchet strap,placing the hooks in the holes and tightening up the strap. I've got the Mag Hytek diff cover so I strap the spare rearward.

ripperj

Explorer
The ratchet strap is a good idea, I had to pull the spare to the rear even with the stock diff cover.

Sent from my Passport

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The ratchet strap is a good idea, I had to pull the spare to the rear even with the stock diff cover.

Sent from my Passport

The hoist failed on my '98.5. It was replaced under warranty. I've used a ratchet strap ever since. Peace of mind.
The hoist was identical to the one on my wife's company Superduty back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles