Towing with a G320?

Scott Brady

Founder
How much for the g320? I have a friend who wants one. Location, info?
Regards,
Mike

Unfortunately, the G320 will cost almost as much (if not more) than a 2002 G500. The G320 is a far more simple vehicle with less electronics, and as a result, often times more desirable. A rough G320 can be found around 20k, while clean ones can still fetch over 30k.

Mdan

Scott,
When I started following your thread on your g, I went out and bought one, looked for a g320 specific, since it had less electronic issues than the newer ones. I have owned an 94 e320 cabriolet, so I knew alot about the m104 motor, ease of parts and service. My first e300 went 300k before I traded it in. So hopefully the amg 3.6 will bring me up to par, even though I just went down to the florida keys and back, cruising at 80mph, it really moves when needed on the hightway.
Regards,
Mike

poseidon

Observer
So I found out the numbers I found somewhere on the web were wrong and the g wagon only has 210ftlbs of torque. This is a huge difference from the Toyota 4.7L V8s.

To answer someone question the G wagon is for sale here in Corvallis Oregon. He has had it for sale for months. He moved it to a consignment lot here in town a few months ago and it was still there last week. Overall it is a very cool vehicle and I love the dark blue but we were never able to come to an agreement on price.

In the end I wound up getting a Lexus GX470 for my towing/camping needs. It is a little princess but I know there is a Prado hiding under all that bling.

otiswesty

Regular guy
My G500 is awesome for towing. Even pulling a trailer with a tractor and mower (7000#), does not push the truck around at all. For smaller loads 4-5,000# it is like nothing is back there at all. The G500 early vintage is 292HP. The 2002+ G500s are super stable with incredible brakes, a quantum improvement over the earlier 463s. ESP makes towing and braking even safer. I have the older truck due to a preference for "simplicity," but the modern version is unrivaled IMO.

The G320 in Corvallis looks like it has a lot of deferred maintenance. I jumped the fence to check it out when we were in town for the Club G treffen back in June. Good you passed on it, the price seemed quite high for the condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles