Tour de Fat coming to Tempe, AZ

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Ahh...tour de fat....

It really was fun the first few years; then it just got too out of hand for the small venues in Flagstaff...to the point where as a local I'd just avoid the entire downtown area, especially with my daughter. Too many folks beyond drunk and riding for it to be safe.

A great party; unfortunately, the weakness of most locals here are bicycles and good beer....

I'm gonna miss it though.

-H-

RHINO

Expedition Leader
no flagstaff? bummer, it was worth the drive for me instead of tempe.

i dont know if i'll go to tempe for the tour, but i like tempe for flugtag.

Speaker

Adventurer
RHINO said:
i dont know if i'll go to tempe for the tour, but i like tempe for flugtag.

Now that is hilarious. Maybe we should trade... you guys get the tour, and we get Flugtag at Lake Mary :sombrero:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
its just a reason to drink new belgium beer. you walk around and people watch, listen to a live band or two, and take turns riding funky bikes if you want.

Too Crazy for Me

I tried to go once in Flagstaff. Except I made the mistake of actually riding my bike before hand on local Flag trails, and came back around 1 o'clock to find absolute NAU chaos infecting the who thing. Lines were 3 blocks long just to get in, and were filled with people who knew nothing of bicycles. I was really turned off to the whole thing. And having it in Tempe sounds even worse, a ton more kids, and heat.

Sorry to sound like a wet rag. The one in Fort Collins or Portland sounds a lot better to me.

I'm gonna spend my time and energy at an actual riding event, like the Tour of the White Mountains, camp, enjoy the music, and share my beers with people who actually ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles