Tour de Canada part deux

unkamonkey

Explorer
Judging from the valley and the glacial lake. it has shrunk a lot. Yeah, a rock head here (geologist). Don't worry, this stuff has been happening for more years than you need to worry about. and it will do it again.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Judging from the valley and the glacial lake. it has shrunk a lot. Yeah, a rock head here (geologist). Don't worry, this stuff has been happening for more years than you need to worry about. and it will do it again.

When I see how much glaciers have become exponetially smaller over a short period of time it does make one wonder what is happeneing to our planet. If the ice came back every couple of years I would not be so concerned. They say that antartica is showing the smallest amount of ice in history. Clearly global warming is not a myth...:Wow1:

unkamonkey

Explorer
From classes I learned that the earth goes through heating and cooling cycles about every 13,000 to 18,000 years. These are averages so take it as you will. We supposedly should be going into a cooling period. But it is possible we are screwing around with mother nature.
It's like people that build a house in a flood plain because the 100 year flood happened last year so they should be safe. Averages, floods can and do happen a few years in a row. My house is around 48' higher than the closest river. I worry more about my sewer system.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
From classes I learned that the earth goes through heating and cooling cycles about every 13,000 to 18,000 years. These are averages so take it as you will. We supposedly should be going into a cooling period. But it is possible we are screwing around with mother nature.
It's like people that build a house in a flood plain because the 100 year flood happened last year so they should be safe. Averages, floods can and do happen a few years in a row. My house is around 48' higher than the closest river. I worry more about my sewer system.

You got it unka! I'm not paranoid about things, and I'm sure we are not exactly doing "good things" to the planet, (frankly I hate the human species for what we have become) but as you said, global warming AND global cooling are cyclical.

I have owned a house on borderline flood plain. I don't own it anymore. I would love a waterfront home on the pacific, but I'd be happy if it had a couple of hundred vertical feet separating me from the high tide line.

unkamonkey

Explorer
You got it unka! I'm not paranoid about things, and I'm sure we are not exactly doing "good things" to the planet, (frankly I hate the human species for what we have become) but as you said, global warming AND global cooling are cyclical.

I have owned a house on borderline flood plain. I don't own it anymore. I would love a waterfront home on the pacific, but I'd be happy if it had a couple of hundred vertical feet separating me from the high tide line.
Judging by your tagline you have some fun toys too so I assume you know why I prefer the company of dogs and cats over people. OK, there are a few women I like, more than the cats.

unkamonkey

Explorer
My first cat used to try to sleep on my face or so I was told. She was actually on my chest but people like to make up their own story. No pictures so it isn't true.
I miss that cat even if I am not a cat person.
Your cats look pretty nice.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
My first cat used to try to sleep on my face or so I was told. She was actually on my chest but people like to make up their own story. No pictures so it isn't true.
I miss that cat even if I am not a cat person.
Your cats look pretty nice.

Thank you for that story Mr Unkamonkey. Who knows if it was true or not but the pictures could have been interesting. I look forward to hearing more stories from you. Pictures or not, I am sure your sense of humor can suffice to give us visual illustrations... Cheers, Chilli...:)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
There always seems to be lots of fun to be had...

at the festivals and places I go....

with good time had by all....

with lots of smiling friends....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles