Tour de Canada part deux

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hello all you adventurers and other cool:cool:people here at expo. Its time to start the new adventure with lots of offraod:truck:adventure, but also some beer:beer:,barbeque:steak:, and as a new feature hopefully some local babes:suning:! I am alone this year as Steinez cant make it so I will be camping:1888fbbd::tent::camping: in urban and remote areas with updates every 3 to 5 days. Please feel free to post your comments and what you would like to see in my adventure to western Canada. Cheers, Chilli.:)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Photobucket stole our pictures!

So here is one...

from the good old days....

from a trusted website... called

imgur.com

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
This is the reason I have not updated.......
BigAl1120.jpg

Camping!
BigAl1128.jpg

With Rick from Chiliwack Spring....
BigAl1127.jpg

A whole new idea in campfire cooking!
BigAl1148.jpg

Real 4by4ing!
BigAl1144.jpg

and again
BigAl1143.jpg

and again
BigAl1167.jpg

Just too much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool::Wow1::):ylsmoke:

BurbanAZ

Explorer
looks like a ton of fun. I would love to take a buggy out one of these days and hit some really really hard stuff.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Burban, check out this video.....

I am sure this will get you wanting to drive a buggy!:Wow1::drool::):ylsmoke:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
So the last few days have been spent doing some upgrades to the old chevy.....
Al2192.jpg

New Aluminum radiator for better cooling.....
Al2191.jpg

New custom dual Bilstein front shocks (4 all together on the front) and new front springs with 2 inch lift that are strong enough to support a big block.
Al2200.jpg

Here I am with the new rear spring pack........
Al2190.jpg

Another view of the front spring and shock set-up...
Al2214.jpg

Another view of a disgusted (Chilliwak) owner when he is looking into the rear differential, and the problems that need to be fixed...
Al2197.jpg

The Chilliwack Spring owners family.....
Al2216.jpg

Before fender cut-off...
Al2217.jpg

And after.....
Al2218.jpg

The running gear of an old Blazer with 2.5 ton Rockwell axels getting a refit at Chilliwack Spring Service...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well I think its time to update but the internet cafe cant upload my pics. So here is a couple from a iphone.
Alz1.jpg

You know that I love Cattle Boyz barbecue sauce......
AlnRick1.jpg

Me and Rick about to enjoy a good meal....... You have to love it....:)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looks like the Chevy get`s some more love this year...

Yes, it seems everyone is in awe:Wow1:eek:f what they see. I have had numerous calls of, " Nice Paint " "Nice rig" and so on.

What`s the problem with the rear differential? I hope nothing substantial?:Wow1:

No Steinez, the diff still works, but as you know as an open differential that only spins one wheel. Rick calls it a CooKoo:eek: clock because the tiny little spinning gears are ready to blow apart!:Wow1:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Ok people sorry for my lack of updates once again. I lost the cable to my camera after trying to upload at the local place. So here are more pics.
DSCF2148.jpg

Here you can see Rick supervising the installation of the new springs in the Vortec powered Blazer with 2.5 ton military diffs.
DSCF2152.jpg

Now talk about a radical:Wow1:lift! What you guys think?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
After leaving Ricks shop I drove up the Hope?Princeton highway experiencing some radical changes in the vegetation.......
DSCF2156.jpg

As you can see the country is very dry here with the chance to meet Rattle:Wow1: snakes in the terrain....
DSCF2157.jpg

But you can see that it does not take long before there are lakes with a more hospitable countryside.....

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
This Steinez will find interesting as he has seen this before with a bridge. Where there used to be a single lane bridge there is only a makeshift culvert to cross the stream/river....
DSCF2167.jpg

The area covered by gravel.....
DSCF2168.jpg

And here the culverts sure to be washed:Wow1: out next year....

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
It seems the rain has taken a toll on many things. I am sure Steinez will remember the cooking area where we used to sit and eat our Cattle Boys steaks....
DSCF2172.jpg

It is now clogged with driftwood due to the unusually high level of the lake this year.....
DSCF2189.jpg

But the view higher up still looks great!:drool:
DSCF2191.jpg

But the log jam that me and Steinez could walk through last year is now totally clogged:Wow1:!
DSCF2193.jpg

Here I am doing a closer inspection, and no I am not taking a dump:Wow1:.
DSCF2198.jpg

Now there are even trees that have fallen across the road....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste