Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
With the curtain removed it looks like it would make a great drying rack, especially if it is mounted outside.

Oh yes! The beauty of this system is that it could be mounted anywhere. Even outside.

sn_85

Observer
Love the new interior video. Will you guys be coming out with a tutorial on basic/simple DIY interior prep, techniques and builds?

Last edited:

Victorian

Big day yesterday! We did a full Thermal audit on our truck camper construction.
While we are waiting for the full read out on the thermal testing, we like to share a sneak peek . We past with flying colours! Inside was +18c / outside close to freezing. No cold bridges or thermal transfer other then the known natural week points like windows and doors. But even in comparison to regular rv windows our inspector told me that he can see a huge difference with @ternoverland_arctictern windows ! Stay tuned for more in detail pictures and data. Safe to say that our composite system is very hard to beat.
We should have the full report with way better images available in a week or so.

Attachments

• Portable Heater.jpeg
    Portable Heater.jpeg
    656.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Thermal Testing 01.jpeg
    Thermal Testing 01.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Thermal Testing 03.jpeg
    Thermal Testing 03.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 80

Victorian

Slowly working through the results of the Thermal audit. So far we can tell that the Arctic Tern windows and doors are 100% tight, our FRP extrusions and panels are thermal transfer free! Only after 3 hours of +30C inside, we could see some thermal changes within the walls. This doesn't mean its a bad thing. It's just that we could see the interior cabinets "shining" through. The FLIR thermal imaging camera is a very impressive piece of kit! I touched the outside of the camper "by accident" and we could see my hand print for almost an hour after as a thermal residue. This means that even the absolute smallest differences in Temperature can be noticed.

Attachments

• Thermal02.jpg
    Thermal02.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Thermal03.jpg
    Thermal03.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 58

Louisd75

Adventurer
Slowly working through the results of the Thermal audit. So far we can tell that the Arctic Tern windows and doors are 100% tight, our FRP extrusions and panels are thermal transfer free! Only after 3 hours of +30C inside, we could see some thermal changes within the walls. This doesn't mean its a bad thing. It's just that we could see the interior cabinets "shining" through. The FLIR thermal imaging camera is a very impressive piece of kit! I touched the outside of the camper "by accident" and we could see my hand print for almost an hour after as a thermal residue. This means that even the absolute smallest differences in Temperature can be noticed.

I use FLIR at work checking for loose wires inside of electrical panels. Early on I kept thinking I was seeing something moving in the cabinet and then realized I was... I was able to see the radiant heat coming off of my body reflecting off of the galvanized steel surface of the back of the electrical panel. I could easily make out the details of my face once I realized what I was looking at. It's a pretty handy tool and they've come down in price quite a bit over the years.

Victorian

I use FLIR at work checking for loose wires inside of electrical panels. Early on I kept thinking I was seeing something moving in the cabinet and then realized I was... I was able to see the radiant heat coming off of my body reflecting off of the galvanized steel surface of the back of the electrical panel. I could easily make out the details of my face once I realized what I was looking at. It's a pretty handy tool and they've come down in price quite a bit over the years.

no kidding. We had to move around a couple times as it picked heat signatures from people walking by from around 100ft away! This made our images even more impressive . At some point we could even see where the foam sheets inside the panels are joined.

Alloy

What was the temp differential ....30C inside what was outside?

Victorian

How to install solar panels on our campers:

Attachments

• Total Composites Solar Panel Install Guide.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: SFP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles