Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

Stevebachtel

Wondering what the “pre-built” concept does to the pricing? I was excited for a $9k DIY kit. Slide in camper shells from other vendors run from $13k-$20k. The thought of saving some $$ and assembling myself was a huge selling point. As a business decision, makes perfect sense and glad to hear the orders are piling up. These are wild times in the industry with tons of demand. Make hay while the sun shines!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Wondering what the “pre-built” concept does to the pricing? I was excited for a $9k DIY kit. Slide in camper shells from other vendors run from $13k-$20k. The thought of saving some $$ and assembling myself was a huge selling point. As a business decision, makes perfect sense and glad to hear the orders are piling up. These are wild times in the industry with tons of demand. Make hay while the sun shines!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve,
We are not out for the quick cash....(will let you know when I can afford a new Unimog :) Instead we listen to our customers and try to create what they are asking for. Can't even recount how many people told us that they are done with the condensation and therefore wet bedding in their FWC.

To answer your question:
It's important to know that the flat packed kit was indeed aimed to only cost around $9900. Unfortunately, when we did the math and actually received quotes for crating and shipping the kits the price went far above what we think would be acceptable. Instead, we changed our strategy and teamed up with builders that will receive the kits per container, do the assembly and essentially sell an empty shell to you at the same price as a kit (plus shipping etc). At the end you will be getting a shell that has a way better warranty attached to it.
As for the comparison to other brands:
Ours are 100% insulated WITHOUT thermal transfer
All composite construction, not just the outside skin... (no mix match of materials that will create stress cracks/leaks over time)
NO pop up that compromises the thermal efficiency (zero condensation inside!)

I think it's fair to claim that you can't compare apples with oranges... even though both are round...

Cheers!

Stevebachtel

Let me know if you’re looking for a builder/distributor in Colorado. We could be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telos.

This turned out great! Really looking forward to seeing it mounted to a truck. Do you guys have a 6’ version in the pipe for the long bed Tacomas and Colorado/Canyons?

Victorian

This turned out great! Really looking forward to seeing it mounted to a truck. Do you guys have a 6’ version in the pipe for the long bed Tacomas and Colorado/Canyons?
Only 5' for the small trucks. They simply can't carry the weight of a bigger one. This one is for a 5' bed and the calculated weight should be around 700lb. Still need to drive it over a scale.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Next one up the 6’ model.
This... I am VERY interested in seeing. In person. Soon. Again. :p

BTW, I got to see the first camper above in person last week. I am lucky to not only be local to Total Composites, but also to be friends with the owner. My unbiased-ish opinion is that these are going to be a winner. The structural rigidity, how well they are sealed, the construction and the overall usefulness is going to be second to none. They will not leak, they will probably float, and they will be able to be heated with a candle! heh

I am 90% done my custom pup up camper... and so yeah, the timing for these coming out SUCKS for me, but I am considering selling mine and getting one of these. I like them that much.

These will hold their value too, you watch they will sell for near to new prices many years later because of the construction alone. No rot issues, no weld issues, minimal maintenance and a lifetime of usefulness. Winning combo if you ask me. So much want. I never should have gone to see it in person. heh

cobro92

So exciting! Can’t wait to be buying one of these in a little while. All I need is a west coast distributor. Also really stoked to see how people build these out. Fingers crossed someone figures out how to put a wet bath in the 6.5 ft one.

Last edited:

Victorian

should have the 6.5’ ready in a couple days.

Attachments

• AC3A91CD-CFCA-4378-B3E9-CD2928D3681F.jpeg
    AC3A91CD-CFCA-4378-B3E9-CD2928D3681F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
  • 82BF0683-C087-4299-83C0-2205E181BE1A.jpeg
    82BF0683-C087-4299-83C0-2205E181BE1A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • D77D023F-7035-4896-83FD-F5340C11FEED.jpeg
    D77D023F-7035-4896-83FD-F5340C11FEED.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

simple

Adventurer
So exciting! Can’t wait to be buying one of these in a little while. All I need is a west coast distributor. Also really stoked to see how people build these out. Fingers crossed someone figures out how to put a wet bath in the 6.5 ft one.

He He. I think you could put a drain in the floor and turn the whole thing into a water park if you wanted to. :)

Victorian

We have lift off! It was a long time coming with long hours in the shop. Worth every minute. As a result, we have developed campers that offer unmatched 4 season performance that have not been available till now. Our focus was to find solutions customers have been asking for since we started in 2016. The Expedition Portal members have helped in a huge way with very valuable input and suggestions. Thank you for all your support, you guys and girls are awesome!!!!

To make distribution and purchasing as simple as possible we have signed contracts with 3 companies in Canada and the USA.
www.Overlandadventuretruck.com in WA USA
https://wilfrid-adelstan.ca Quebec Canada
Pronghorn Expedition Vehicles in Alberta Canada

We are in negotiations with others and should see a full network throughout North America.
At the same time there is room for many more! If you own a business that is interested in working with us, please send us an email info@totalcomposites.com

What does the final product look like?

Included:
You are getting an empty shell, ready to outfit to your liking and budget.
We include the well proven Arctic Tern entry door
Provisions for jacks
Provisions for tie downs
Wire Chanels in roof to make installing lights easier

Optional:
Mounting brackets for awnings and other accessories
A full range of windows, roof hatches, brush guards a la card. These items can be purchased and installed by our partners or added by yourself at a later point.

In any case, you have all been waiting for final pricing.

Pricing as of March 2021
5’ bed - $15,999 USD / $20,243 CAD. Fits Toyota Tacoma, Jeep Gladiator and others
6.5’ bed - $16,999 USD / $21,508 CAD Fits Ford F150/250 Dodge 1500/3500 and others
8’ bed - $17,999 USD / $22,773 CAD Fits Ford F150/250 Dodge 1500/3500 and others

It is expected for the Slide in Truck Campers to be available for pick up/delivery starting in June 2021.

For pre orders please contact:
admin@pronghornev.com
Overlandadventuretruck@gmail.com
francois@wilfrid-adelstan.ca

Important to know:
These campers can only be ordered assembled through our partners. Pricing is the same through all of them. Custom sizes are not available at this time. We may ad flatbed versions in the future...

We are currently hit by rain for the rest of this week... Fingers crossed we can take nice pictures of the campers mounted on actual trucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles