Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
On the basis that shipping in a container is something that happens only on relatively rare occasions, this friend of ours built a "pop down".
It has the advantages of a solid, well insulated body with full standing height, but can be reduced in height to fit a container for half a day's work.
2010-06-27 (epicycles.com)
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
Now THAT is slick. I like it. That's a much better answer to the "pain at the end points" issue rather than building low-working-height into the vehicle as a fulltime thing...

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
The way it looks right now we are only offering the slide in campers as assembled units. Empty shell (with 1 entry door) as blank slate. The possibilities are endless!
It will be fairly easy for us to install any type Arctic Tern Window, skylight, storage hatch at the same time.

As life goes we had another small delay..... A couple of machinery parts that we custom ordered from Germany are faulty... Should have replacement in place next week. Fingers crossed, we have the Gladiator camper ready within a couple days. Dodge 1500, F150, after....

Thank you everyone for the feedback and for hanging in there! It's amazing to have such a great community support.

Cheers

That's great to hear. Sorry for the confusion. Multiple folks said you guys wouldn't cut the holes or install windows including somebody to talked to your office. Thanks for the clarity.

ripperj

Explorer
That's great to hear. Sorry for the confusion. Multiple folks said you guys wouldn't cut the holes or install windows including somebody to talked to your office. Thanks for the clarity.

Just to clarify. I was told that they don’t sell panel kits(flat packed in a container ) with window and doors cut out, not that they wouldn’t put windows or doors in a completed camper.
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Just to clarify. I was told that they don’t sell panel kits(flat packed in a container ) with window and doors cut out, not that they wouldn’t put windows or doors in a completed camper.
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Camper kits that come directly from our factory in China will NOT be offered with the cut outs. Especially door cut outs create a huge weak spot and the risk of shipping damage is way too high. We also followed our customers requests to not offer this feature as it restricts possible changes during the build. We see it as an added value to NOT create these openings.

As for the slide in campers:
We are going to assemble them in house and through a network of commercial partners. During that process it will be easy to fit windows as per customers request.

Cheers

Victorian

Entry door is in. Needs to cure overnight. Fingers crossed we install the rear wall, roof and front tomorrow.

Attachments

• E6D5EFF0-599F-4B55-B153-47ECD4672E20.jpeg
    E6D5EFF0-599F-4B55-B153-47ECD4672E20.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 2656C2A4-71FE-4D43-B3E0-B4FB8D3B284D.jpeg
    2656C2A4-71FE-4D43-B3E0-B4FB8D3B284D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
  • BC0AA082-8CFF-4552-AC1B-9538E9935A1F.jpeg
    BC0AA082-8CFF-4552-AC1B-9538E9935A1F.jpeg
    889.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DF6E56FE-2222-4EE1-9AD2-C63194566721.jpeg
    DF6E56FE-2222-4EE1-9AD2-C63194566721.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
Exciting to see this coming together! Would you be able to share a few dimensions? I'm starting to think about layouts and haven't been quite able to glean as much as I'd like from some of the earlier artifacts you shared. I'm specifically interested in the measurements listed in this photo:

EDB8704D-A2F3-48A1-8ECB-D1A43CAAE608.jpeg

Thanks!

Victorian

Exciting to see this coming together! Would you be able to share a few dimensions? I'm starting to think about layouts and haven't been quite able to glean as much as I'd like from some of the earlier artifacts you shared. I'm specifically interested in the measurements listed in this photo:

View attachment 641868

Thanks!

Please hang in there till we have finished the prototyping. I know it's a long wait since we first started the announcements... Good things take time!
149507833_10159252202496974_3084760159617921336_n.jpg

ITTOG

Every time I see a new comment in this thread I cringe a little. Too bad this started after I began my build. If I saw this before I began I would have bought this for sure. I would have chopped the top and modified it to be a pop top.

cobro92

I would love to see someone try to resell these as a pop top. I know Victorian has said he doesn’t want to do it but maybe a reseller with a lot of experience could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles