Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

cobro92

don’t have the files in front of me but I believe that the empty shell in that size is around 680lb

That’s not too bad! I think if I could keep it below 1200 pounds dry it would work. I’m anxious to see how other people build theirs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rruff

Explorer
My complaint about a lack of hard side pop up isn't focused on them but more at our market. An updated Alaskan with modern materials is all I ask. Nimbl is a half baked solution for my requirements. Seems such a thing might sell well. I'm actually pretty amazed at some of the $300k setups offered in pop up are soft wall. Non-starter for me as I'm hoping to use it for snowboarding/touring in winter and really hate the noise at many established camps (ATV's Side by sides, generators etc).

I'd question your need for a popup... ? The CG effect is very little. Low hanging branches can be a problem, but if it happens occasionally a saw can take care of that ;) Might be more of an issue in gusty winds, since most campers are horrifically unaero.

This was mentioned in another thread. https://quickcamper.com.au/
Good concept IMO. If I wanted to design a camper like this I'd make the top a molded piece with an aero nose and rounded edges.

quickcamperflyer.png

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I'd question your need for a popup... ? The CG effect is very little. Low hanging branches can be a problem, but if it happens occasionally a saw can take care of that ;) Might be more of an issue in gusty winds, since most campers are horrifically unaero.

This was mentioned in another thread. https://quickcamper.com.au/
Good concept IMO. If I wanted to design a camper like this I'd make the top a molded piece with an aero nose and rounded edges.

View attachment 635859

Funny you should mention this. I've been talking to Jim. If one can navigate shipping it across the globe during a pandemic, it's a very interesting proposition. Exchange rate is pretty good too!

Assembly of the prototypes will start next week! Super excited!!!!!

Question: For those of us without (1) sufficient DIY skills to build a camper, or (2) sufficient workspace to do so, do you have a list of recommended builders who can assist customers to spec out and then execute to build a turn key unit?

I'm in the Seattle area, so builders in the PNW (including BC) would be ideal. I'd be targeting completion some time in 2nd half of 2023 or into 2024.

Thank you!

Jonnyo

Observer
Assembly of the prototypes will start next week! Super excited!!!!!

what is the coldest a kit can be build in? like BC winter/spring?! does it have to be a certain temperature for the adhesive to set and how long does it take for a kit to dry and be drivable?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
what is the coldest a kit can be build in? like BC winter/spring?! does it have to be a certain temperature for the adhesive to set and how long does it take for a kit to dry and be drivable?

we are most likely moving away from the kit and only offering assembled empty shells. All pending on availability of commercial space to expand our operation.

ripperj

Explorer
we are most likely moving away from the kit and only offering assembled empty shells. All pending on availability of commercial space to expand our operation.

Does this mean you won’t be selling any flat packed panel kits? I was going to call you tomorrow about one.
Thx
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Does this mean you won’t be selling any flat packed panel kits? I was going to call you tomorrow about one.
Thx
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this only goes for the slide ins. crating And shipping logistics for the slide in Kits are pretty complicated and expensive. It’s better value for the customer if we assemble them. Price will need to be adjusted accordingly but at the end the end user will come out cheaper without the adventure of the assembly in the driveway. ?
in all honesty, these campers will be truly amazing!

cobro92

I also assume that we will need to head up to BC with our vehicle to retrieve the camper once it is assembled? Probably doesn’t make sense to ship it once it is fully assembled...

I like this idea. I don’t want to make any mistakes when putting together my camper and I would definitely pay a couple thousand bucks to have someone do it for me.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I also assume that we will need to head up to BC with our vehicle to retrieve the camper once it is assembled? Probably doesn’t make sense to ship it once it is fully assembled...

I like this idea. I don’t want to make any mistakes when putting together my camper and I would definitely pay a couple thousand bucks to have someone do it for me.

People ship truck bodies all over all the time. This is a brilliant move by TC IMHO. I'll be watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles