Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Sure. Simply fill out the quotation template below and email back to us for pricing.

Oh man. This is getting real now. Do you guys have any reference for a hard side pop up setup? Dream would be to build a side entry flatbed hard side pop up. I'm talking to a manufacturer in Australia currently and I'm amazed at the lack of this in the market other than the very long in the tooth Alaskans.

Corkster

Overland Explorer HBE is exactly what you are describing, camper must be purchased with matching flatbed but given their design I would view this as a plus unless you already have a tray

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Oh man. This is getting real now. Do you guys have any reference for a hard side pop up setup? Dream would be to build a side entry flatbed hard side pop up. I'm talking to a manufacturer in Australia currently and I'm amazed at the lack of this in the market other than the very long in the tooth Alaskans.

I have built several fixed wall lifting roof campers in Germany. Also have about 10 of ours on the road in Australia.
Doing it right is not easy! Selling this as a do it yourself kit is out of question...

Design challenges:
Very tight tolerances to maintain thermal efficiency and weather proofing
Highly synchronized motors that will work 100% even after 10-15 years
The added eight of the the lifting roof (materials, actuators, batteries)
Weather proofing with keeping all seasons in mind (you need heating elements embedded otherwise the parts could freeze together!)
All moving parts need to protected from the elements (sorry but draw guides like some are using are not cutting it)

At this point we are only offering this to commercial outfitters.

Attachments

• MAN TGA 6x6 Hubdach_2.jpg
    MAN TGA 6x6 Hubdach_2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 92

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Thanks Victorian. If I wasn't confident that a project like that will take me half a decade to execute I'd take it on! Thanks for the flatbed pdfs.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Overland Explorer HBE is exactly what you are describing, camper must be purchased with matching flatbed but given their design I would view this as a plus unless you already have a tray

HBE is a soft-wall design, though. I think Whiskey and Victorian are talking about full hard-wall pop-ups, a la Alaskan and some of the euro-market ones.

Corkster

In that case there is the supertramp which is similar to nimbl but even that still has some soft wall although they mention a hard wall variant

RedXterra

Observer
These look fantastic! Super stoked to see these offered as a DIY kit!

Will there be a short bed kit (5.5) with an East/West overhead bed option?

Looking for something for my short bed (5.5') Silverado crew and would like the ability to sleep width wise.

Keep up the great work! Thanks!

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
HBE is a soft-wall design, though. I think Whiskey and Victorian are talking about full hard-wall pop-ups, a la Alaskan and some of the euro-market ones.

Correct that's my only hangup. OE looks to be one of the highest quality in the game right now. I did verify with the owner that they don't require you to buy it with the flatbed and can retro to your existing setup. Very flexible and the fit and finish and ongoing improvements indicate a manufacturer that IS NOT MESSING AROUND. My complaint about a lack of hard side pop up isn't focused on them but more at our market. An updated Alaskan with modern materials is all I ask. Nimbl is a half baked solution for my requirements. Seems such a thing might sell well. I'm actually pretty amazed at some of the $300k setups offered in pop up are soft wall. Non-starter for me as I'm hoping to use it for snowboarding/touring in winter and really hate the noise at many established camps (ATV's Side by sides, generators etc).

Victorian

Our container is delayed by almost 4 weeks ? won’t be able to have the first show samples together till at least mid January. Sorry guys. Our list of interested buyers is growing every day. 2021 will be crazy busy for us.

Louisd75

Adventurer
Our container is delayed by almost 4 weeks ? won’t be able to have the first show samples together till at least mid January. Sorry guys. Our list of interested buyers is growing every day. 2021 will be crazy busy for us.

Delayed is better than lost...

Victorian

cobro92

Do you know what the weight might be for a shell that is 6’4 floor length (fits inside the box on ram 2500)? I have a power wagon so my payload is quite low (about 1500 pounds). I really want to put a true four season hard sided camper on it but I really can’t find any that are light enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victorian

Do you know what the weight might be for a shell that is 6’4 floor length (fits inside the box on ram 2500)? I have a power wagon so my payload is quite low (about 1500 pounds). I really want to put a true four season hard sided camper on it but I really can’t find any that are light enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don’t have the files in front of me but I believe that the empty shell in that size is around 680lb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles