Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
The Wait is over!

The day has finally arrived to announce our newest camper design. SLIDE IN CAMPER KITS!
Following the same concept as our well proven expedition truck bodies. With a thermal transfer free construction method and 100% composites that will last you a long long time. Incredible fast assembly times, precision cut components and the availability of all kind of camper accessories will make these kits a very desirable option to other brands. Our 2”/50mm panels will give you a true 4 season performance without the hassle of condensation or excessive heat loss.

October 2020: Starting with the Jeep Gladiator

We are well aware that Jeep owners love to take their vehicles off the beaten path and therefore are looking for a camper with minimal dimensions. Going down narrow trails was never been easier! Jeep owners also like to upgrade their vehicles with useful upgrades like bigger wheel tire combos, rugged bumpers and tires carriers. We kept that in mind and designed the camper to fit inside the tailgate. This makes fitting upgrades much easier. Another benefit is the added security through the tailgate and keeping of the backup camera.
At only ~300kg/ 620lb (empty shell) you will still have plenty of payload available for outfitting and your gear.

How does it work?
In a couple weeks, you will see kits for several different trucks available for pre order on our website. You simply make the purchase on-line!
We will start shipping the first kits in the beginning of December 2020. Flat packed to your door. Till then we are going through the process of creating instruction manuals and preparing kits to be shipped asap as the orders are being placed. Sadly, we can not offer any custom sizes of these campers at this time. This would prevent us to pre manufacture kits for incredible fast turn around times.

What's all included?
All panels (including internal structure to mount tie down points)
All FRP corner extrusions (cut to size). These are UV stable and ready to use, but not 100% colour matched to the panels. A paint finish would not last long while going off road...
All adhesive (sausage style) needed for the assembly (you need to source your own caulking gun)
Stainless steel corner caps. The ultimate protection for the corners
Comprehensive assembly instruction manual (videos will be online)

Why not pop ups?
The answer is simple: We are in business to give you a true 4 season camper. Something that is simply not that easy to achieve with fabrics. Therefore you will only see us offering hard sided campers.

Available Upgrades:
A wide range of windows, doors, skylights, brush guards, heating systems and much more can be ordered through our sister company www.expeditionupfitter.com

Attachments

• Jeep 20.jpg
    Jeep 20.jpg
    960.4 KB · Views: 679
  • jeep21.jpg
    jeep21.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 679
  • TC 50-50 FRP extrusion .jpg
    TC 50-50 FRP extrusion .jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 638
  • IMG-6692.jpg
    IMG-6692.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 580
  • Jeep Gladiator .png
    Jeep Gladiator .png
    219.6 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

dags

Adventurer
Looks good, for those of us that don't own a gladiator what other models do you have in the pipeline?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Looks good, for those of us that don't own a gladiator what other models do you have in the pipeline?
Next up will be:

Dodge Ram1500 short bed (camper version inside the tail gate and past the tail gate)
F-150
Tacoma
At the same time we are working on dimensioning everything so that certain designs can fit other trucks also. This means, the tacoma one could also be fine with the Ford Ranger etc.

Right now we are careful to not spreading our selves to thin and mis important details in the process... There is a lot going into new releases like this... Manuals, accessories, suppliers, logistics, training, hiring....

Cheers,

fritz

Traveler
Next up will be:

Dodge Ram1500 short bed (camper version inside the tail gate and past the tail gate)
F-150
Tacoma
At the same time we are working on dimensioning everything so that certain designs can fit other trucks also. This means, the tacoma one could also be fine with the Ford Ranger etc.

Right now we are careful to not spreading our selves to thin and mis important details in the process... There is a lot going into new releases like this... Manuals, accessories, suppliers, logistics, training, hiring....

Cheers,

Any plans for a F250/F350 long bed (8’) model?

ripperj

Explorer
I want in! Watching with interest, Ram 2500 short bed, I would think the 1500 model would fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chorky

Observer
Any plans for a F250/F350 long bed (8’) model?

I second this. Personally I really don't understand the desire for a short bed camper. But the idea here is pretty awesome - seems like a really good product, with a 'you assemble' option helping to reduce costs for those who want to make their own interior.

fritz

Traveler
It's not necessarily that I want a short bed camper, it's that I need a quad-cab/crew-cab truck for our 3rd passenger and adding that to an 8' bed makes for a LOOONG truck that sucks to navigate/park in the city.

I just "downsized" from a F350 Crewcab long bed and can attest that it sucked to navigate and park anywhere. Now have a F250 Supercab long bed and while its better I wish I had gone with a Supercab short bed. The superduty Ford short bed is 6'9" long, plenty long enough for a camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles