Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
\
Expo west didn't have any vendor spaces left.... Some customers may visit and camp there.
Expo in Bend Oregon will have Overland Adventure Trucks on site
All other expos are too far away for us. There are many other local events our partners will be presenting.
BCOR?

I am hoping to attend this year. Need me to haul a camper up (and camp in it for you)? heh

:cool:

Trail Talk

That Arctic Trucks 6x6 is amazing! Can you share details of the cabin, esp. heater? No windows is interesting but understandable.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
That Arctic Trucks 6x6 is amazing! Can you share details of the cabin, esp. heater? No windows is interesting but understandable.

Thank you. Planing/building a camper/enclosure for an expedition where your life would depend on is certainly different than building one for summer weekend trips! Therefore the main focus was durability, efficiency and redundancy. For the shell we used the same construction and materials as for our slide in and flat bed campers. 50mm/2" panels all around. As soon as you introduce windows/doors etc you are compromising the insulation. Because of that we minimized these. The next topic was plastics... most plastics will go brittle in extreme cold. We didn't want to take the risk and installed a custom double pane window with stainless hardware from Germany. Entry door was one of our own full composite doors. For heating we used two of the smallest autoterm diesel heaters, the 2D . 2 for redundancy. Looks like the cabin could hold the temperature just fine with just 1 heater going.
We have a video from Arctic Trucks in the making reviewing the camper and systems.

I also believe these trucks will appear at a couple of well known overland events this year before being shipped to Antarctica.

Trail Talk

We have a video from Arctic Trucks in the making reviewing the camper and systems.

Please share a link when this is available!!

Thanks for these fascinating details. Agree completely that, for winter applications, the less holes in the envelope the better. The plastics issue is interesting too. As well as becoming brittle, plastics contract with cold temps. The hose dropped off our gas funnel for that reason.

Does your entry door fit in a Tern cutout? Just thinking of the future...

Victorian

Please share a link when this is available!!

Thanks for these fascinating details. Agree completely that, for winter applications, the less holes in the envelope the better. The plastics issue is interesting too. As well as becoming brittle, plastics contract with cold temps. The hose dropped off our gas funnel for that reason.

Does your entry door fit in a Tern cutout? Just thinking of the future...

Hey!
That specific door is not available anymore. We lost the manufacturing and moulds during covid.... Very sad about it.

Victorian

I'd really like to know the weight breakdown for the F150. I love the F150 platform for a do it all, but I am curious how close to the GVWR you get with this setup. Would love to know the weight of the camper and the total weight of the vehicle if you know it.

Cheers
We are right at the 1900lb payload with 1 person, full tanks and camping gear. The camper alone (fully outfitted) is 1200-1300lb ( didn't get an accurate reading yet as the closest scale is 2 hours away). The flatbed added a couple hundred LB to the regular one, the air suspension added some weight also... It works for me as my test platform but I would recommend a truck with a higher payload capacity.

Alloy

We are right at the 1900lb payload with 1 person, full tanks and camping gear. The camper alone (fully outfitted) is 1200-1300lb ( didn't get an accurate reading yet as the closest scale is 2 hours away). The flatbed added a couple hundred LB to the regular one, the air suspension added some weight also... It works for me as my test platform but I would recommend a truck with a higher payload capacity.

Ellice Recycling is on David St. 7min. away from you. They scaled one of my trailers for $25.00.

Alloy

Ellice Recycling is on David St. 7min. away from you. They scaled one of my trailers for $25.00.

In response to my post Victorian sent me a PM telling me to leave him alone. I would ask that Victorian post it here so everyone can read it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior