Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

klahanie

daydream believer
To follow up... I emailed Pronghorn with the same 3 questions about the 50mm panel materials and received the following answers:

1) If using full euro door min interior height would be ~ 6'4"

2) Windows and doors best kept min 6" from a panel edge or another opening.

3) Caps are supplied (to Pronghorn) unfinished, later powder coated (all white to date).

I don't know if the above info is approved by the mfr but it is sufficient for me and I post it here in the hope that it may be of interest to others.

I'll add fwiw, my query was replied to <48hrs, opened with a, "happy to help" and included some unsolicited but useful additional information. To me, all good indicators of the company.

And that's where where I'll leave this !

1000arms

Hah !, I see what you did there ;)
Short answer:
The "nothing" referred to the ignoring of and not answering my questions posted 17 days earlier see post 287.
My return, posted lest the gentle reader conclude I felt otherwise.

Longer answer:
A dealer was about pursuing answers.

Understood about standard units - and acknowledged in my preamble. The questions that followed asked to learn more about using (or choosing) the 50mm materials including the system used to construct them with.

Questions that I think it reasonable for the mfr to be able to answer. And, in my view not dissimilar to many others previously asked, and as a precedent, answered in this thread.

Indeed #2, about cutout placement limitations/recommendations, had been asked before - but that was for "84mm panels".

#1, about the interior height, was prompted by photos posted here with variations on the door placement relative to the floor and ceiling. Some with the lower or upper extrusion, or both, cut into. Some with a larger "header" etc. Of course those may have been earlier versions, one-offs, experimentations etc but somewhere in all that I'm thinking the mfr has determined a recommended min height, perhaps different than the one offered.

#3, on cap colour, was prompted by comments about dissimilar materials, different thermal expansion rates and covering panel with wraps.

Thanks again !
You are welcome! :)
To follow up... I emailed Pronghorn with the same 3 questions about the 50mm panel materials and received the following answers:

1) If using full euro door min interior height would be ~ 6'4"

2) Windows and doors best kept min 6" from a panel edge or another opening.

3) Caps are supplied (to Pronghorn) unfinished, later powder coated (all white to date).

I don't know if the above info is approved by the mfr but it is sufficient for me and I post it here in the hope that it may be of interest to others.

I'll add fwiw, my query was replied to <48hrs, opened with a, "happy to help" and included some unsolicited but useful additional information. To me, all good indicators of the company.

And that's where where I'll leave this !
I hope you get what you want! :)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
We are currently putting together our 2023 show camper. A 6.5 flatbed with departure angle ( Wolverine 6.5) . Mounted on a flatbed from https://setoverland.com/ for our 2021 Ford F-150.

Attachments

• E271B57F-C4E6-4E94-9B6C-9D9230EC0B03.jpeg
    E271B57F-C4E6-4E94-9B6C-9D9230EC0B03.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 42B79B7A-71E9-4A52-B374-905B493ED693.jpeg
    42B79B7A-71E9-4A52-B374-905B493ED693.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • D7747E54-FCFD-4A2A-9055-BCAAC6579849.jpeg
    D7747E54-FCFD-4A2A-9055-BCAAC6579849.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78

Victorian

I wrote an article about the build for Outside that just published, in case anyone is interested in learning more about about the process of building one of these out!

Thank you Bryan! It's very detailed and I'm sure will help many others!!!

Alloy

If I'm in Oregeon and the dealer has a longer delivery than the dealer in Californina is there any issues ordering from the dealer in California?

Victorian

If I'm in Oregeon and the dealer has a longer delivery than the dealer in Californina is there any issues ordering from the dealer in California?

As an enduser you can order from any of our partners. Each of them use our empty shell as a base and then take it from there. They all offer different unique solutions.

Alloy

As an enduser you can order from any of our partners. Each of them use our empty shell as a base and then take it from there. They all offer different unique solutions.
I was wondering because each dealer has set areas which is more wholesale/distributor setup vs. retail.

Victorian

I was wondering because each dealer has set areas which is more wholesale/distributor setup vs. retail.

That's right. We started out with territories for each partner. Because everyone one of them is offering slightly different services and interiors, customers started to "shop around". This means the idea of a territory went down the drain LOL .
At the end, our goal is to only have happy endusers with as many partners/service locations around North America as possible.

On this note:
I'm extremely happy to announce our newest partner https://www.thetrucktoppers.ca/tc-lynx-5-slide-in-truck-camper-shell-tacoma-gladiator
The Truck Toppers are located in Ontario Canada right in St. Catharines on the border to Michigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles