Total Composites full introduction!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Man... that sucks Victorian. I am sorry to hear that the haters and the trolls are making this place somewhere that you cannot be yourself. I know you are a helpful and giving person, and one of the nicer people I have met in the past few years. If there is one thing that I have found out in the past few years, It's that the trolls yell louder, get angrier and are harder to ignore than you might think.

Sometimes the fight is just not worth the effort and it is simpler and less stressful to just walk away. Will catch up with you in the real world soon sir!

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Man this is such a bummer. The internet sucks. Victorian, you're a true pioneer and I'll be using your services for sure. Not sure who took issue with you CREATING a market in NA from whole cloth and gave the everyday man an option on par with the big boys, but SHAME ON THEM. You should send those messages directly to the Mods and have them banned. This isn't Twitter, or some poorly thought out FB group, this is Expo forum, the best place for sharing these ideas on the planet.

WanderingBison

Hello everyone,

With great sadness, I have noticed a lot of hostile comments/ private messages towards me and our company in this forum over the last several months. The people that know me, appreciate my insights with topics that fall into my expertise . With over 30 years of experience in the expedition truck industry there is a thing or two I learned and I'm happy to share this when someone asks.
I always tried to be polite and helpful. 99% of the time I'm on this forum as a private person. Too bad my profile shows "approved Vendor".... Some people saw this as "product placement" and got angry at me without realizing that I actually added value to the conversation and potentially saved them from failure and wasting tons of money.
This means I stop my contribution to this great forum and will be watching from the side lines.

Cheers everyone and thank you for 8 years of entertainment.

What a loss for this community! I’m sorry Andreas that you feel this is the way forward as we will all lose your valuable impact.

We don’t all have to agree and not surprisingly, you provided answers and guidance in line with the products and approaches that you use in your business, informed by your experience.

Imagine how ridiculous it would be if the advice or input you provided was not consistent with the products you are developing or marketing!

I hope you will once again feel comfortable being an active participant - you should not let the poor behaviour of a minority of participants here ruin your experience and participation in this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sAsLEX

What a shame, this is one of the few threads that I watch, and thought you had approached the issues with complete transparency.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Thank you for everyones kind words. It means a lot.
I'm still here reading along following my passion but probably won't be posting/replying as much.

Cheers,

Victorian

This F550 is still for sale by our customer. We posted this a while ago... Covid slowed things down a lot and he finally put it back up including this video. Please reach out to us via our website and we will get you in contact with the owner.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Classis example of why as a manufacturer or vendor you should NEVER advertise you product or service on a "Industry Related or Marque Specific" websites/forums that is related to your business,

Most times all you git is GRIEF AND BAD PRESS from a few forum/website members who who have no interest and in many instances no ability to purchase your product or service yet they feel it is their duty, their mission, their right or whatever else you wish to call it to make damn sure everyone else knows why they do not like you, your product or service. All behind some fictitious name/handle.

Now you know why it so hard for forums such as this and many others to git PAYING advertisers to support the forum and help pay the bills to keep the site going.

Victorian

Our trailer is coming along. Couple more weeks till we can take it out on the first outing.
2” foam core panels all around
1/8 solid cork flooring
birch ply cabinets
bamboo counters and fronts
tempo tusk fridge slide with dometic fridge
planar diesel heater
50 litres of fresh water ( cold only)
natureshead toilet ( installed in the coming days)
go power 190 watt solar system
120A AGM battery with the option of lifo in the future
seating area for 4 adults
queensize bed ( hydraulic table leg is on back order...)
front wall organizer system is on its way

this camper has a very open feel and a nice contemporary look. Loving it.
BCAAE168-EC5A-4082-AF2E-6838F9209BDC.jpeg58072818-47A0-4802-95AC-59D22D8E008B.jpegE6560535-5F9A-4EEE-8618-486ED0D912B0.jpegFB9124A5-ACE6-4EEA-96D3-CC123B3ACFB7.jpeg44CFF8A8-0EF1-4617-96E4-392BA8F3AF3B.jpeg

1000arms

Updated the website with some clarification between different material choices. https://totalcomposites.com/composite-panels-debunked/ ...
Another reason to use polyurethane foam instead of polyisocyanurate:

"Polyiso gets worse when it’s cold outside. Building Science Corp. has been doing research on this for a while, and they ... published their polyiso results ... . They looked at products from several manufacturers, and you can see the results below. Polyiso, it turns out, can lose as much as 25% of its R-value when the temperature drops."

The above quote is from:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles