Total Composites Camper on Mitsubishi Fuso FG walk through

C p weinberger

Victorian, that’s indeed a great build!!. Nice incorporation/ blend of your and builders skills.
I don’t mean to in any way diminish the hard work of the build, but at the end of The video I was hoping the builder would at least give a shout out to earth cruiser. The Builder even referred to the entranceway shower area as “the mudroom”, which shows builder met Lance or watched his videos.
In general I think it’s no problem execute a build like this yourself with so obviously incorporating other builders ideas (although they may think differently?).. just give a shout out to show respect for their time put into research and possibly a buyer not interested in building themselves will send some business earthcruisers way.
My .2$

lucilius

Looks like a really sharp rig, esp. for a home brew. No issues that it appears very EC-like, for example, look at all the similar Sprinter campers, etc. Probably tedious to do a direct comparison to an Earthcruiser, it would nonetheless be interesting to look at some of the differences. It certainly looks like an EC to me, but I'm not super familiar with them so maybe highly likely that this DIY is very different.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Victorian, that’s indeed a great build!!. Nice incorporation/ blend of your and builders skills.
I don’t mean to in any way diminish the hard work of the build, but at the end of The video I was hoping the builder would at least give a shout out to earth cruiser. The Builder even referred to the entranceway shower area as “the mudroom”, which shows builder met Lance or watched his videos.
In general I think it’s no problem execute a build like this yourself with so obviously incorporating other builders ideas (although they may think differently?).. just give a shout out to show respect for their time put into research and possibly a buyer not interested in building themselves will send some business earthcruisers way.
My .2$

we feel honoured to be compared with Earth Cruiser btw, at no time did we intend or copy any of their design.... it’s far fetched that there are any details shared other than the bumper and wheels. These by the way can be bought through a retailer in Canada. They are not owned by earth cruiser.
having a bathroom in the entrance way is actually pretty common in expo trucks. Again nothing that is unique to just one brand.
in any case, anyone that has ever done a build like this himself will know how much work and research goes into this. At the end you built what works for you. This one turned out amazing. The owner should be very proud of him self and ignore negative comments.

C p weinberger

“ This one turned out amazing. The owner should be very proud of him self and ignore negative comments”
If that was meant for me, I in no way meant my post as a negative comment...that build project is awesome, Positive energy is all you’re getting from me.

b dkw1

Observer
I had not seen a walk through bathroom before. This could save a lot of hassles on My current build. Have to run it buy the warden and see if it acceptable or not.......

Thanks for the vid!

gregmchugh

Observer
Once you decide to do the entry way mudroom/shower/toilet you are pretty much going to have the rest of the layout set assuming you want a permanent bed and a separate seating area. Again, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I agree that it would be nice if he had mentioned EC at least once...

Steve_382

Once you decide to do the entry way mudroom/shower/toilet you are pretty much going to have the rest of the layout set assuming you want a permanent bed and a separate seating area. Again, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I agree that it would be nice if he had mentioned EC at least once...

Actually, the guy who does the Youtube video channel, Down2Mob did mention that it looked a lot like an EC at the start of the video. As a one off, it isn't quite as polished as the EC, but a nice job anyhow. Hopefully EC will watch the video and see if there are any ideas that make sense for them also. The inside sliding closet in the back of the bed area seems a decent idea. If you have a year or two to complete it and the skills, you can probably save some money over EC, but if you can afford a new EC, you can start using it in a few months. Plus you get the new gas motor and top flight axles and suspension, etc.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
No offense but it looks like dozens upon dozens of expo vehicles I've seen before online over the last decade or so. Only so many design tricks you can do with a rectangle box. I really like those composite boxes Victorian. Since a 100k box is out of reach for most of us, I say more power to you and your team for making this type of thing possible. Obviously Earthcruiser is making an impeccable product so no disrespect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles