Torsion-Free Sub-Frame

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
Thanks MOG, i've seen that and a few other kits, but all I need is the solid 4, 5 or 6 inch solid round bar then bearings to slip over the bar to make my own. I can bend, cut and weld up everything else.
I can also pick up some solid round bar, so really just some heavy bearings of brass inserts like others which can ride on the solid bar.... If anyone has a lead on that let me know...

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
I thought about using a spring equalizer/load equalizer like you would see in big tandem axle trucks but the bushing hole of the ones I have found are too small.. Thinking i will need to use 4-5 inch solid round bar...
Equalizer example:
19-051800003_1__16332.jpg

Alloy

Thanks MOG, i've seen that and a few other kits, but all I need is the solid 4, 5 or 6 inch solid round bar then bearings to slip over the bar to make my own. I can bend, cut and weld up everything else.
I can also pick up some solid round bar, so really just some heavy bearings of brass inserts like others which can ride on the solid bar.... If anyone has a lead on that let me know...

.........4,5 or 6" rd bar? How many hundred tons will the habitat weigh?

1698122893953.png

;)

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
Alloy, lol, like it... Not going to have tons but a good amount of weight...
Im even thinking about using a pillow block kinda like this for the 4 contact points, obviously don't need high heat, just an example......
. Any better ideas out there?
0091151_pillow-block-750-f-split-mounted-carbon-sleeve-bearing.jpeg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Sorry, I could not resist... :)
As with all builds of this type, the mounting system needs to suit the specific vehicle and intended purpose.
If it does that, all's good and global harmony is maintained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz