Toronto - Colorado - and back

AlekG

Adventurer
Thanks very much.

I was really happy with my trip. The people were great, the weather held up most of the way, and my Trailblazer proved itself to be worthy.

The only negative was the feeling that I was losing 6 days out of 11 for the drives there and back.

The problem is that I cannot take 2 weeks away from work. I was pushing it when I had 1 week + the 2 weekends + 2 or 3 days extra.

The rush to get to Colorado basically limited any kind of interesting side trips on the way there. One crazy idea that popped into my head was to think about driving west and not rushing it over 3 days. Then spending 6-8 days "on location" and flying back home.

Then a month later, flying back and doing the same in reverse - spending 6-8 days "on location" and driving back. The logistics may be too much to overcome though:

- 2 one-way flights (potential problems with immigration, customs)
- secure storage of vehicle for 1 month
- rental of vehicle back home
- all costs associated with this

Something to think about though as I would really like to get west of Colorado or into Utah or Wyoming.

AG

Last edited:

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Wow, thanks for sharing, I just took a short vacation through your posts.

I gotta get south to the dunes soon!

Drew

AlekG

Adventurer
Some build posts

Some readers were interested in the particulars of my 2006 Trailblazer build.

I have started a thread here and will update it when I have some more pictures and descriptions.

For now I have:
• Custom offroad bumper
• Spare tire carrier
• Custom lift and suspension

AG

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Yea, I know this is a thread from last year, but it's a good one.

BUMP for a great report and the coolest looking TrailBlazer I've ever seen. :cool:

Willman

ditto on that one BajaTaco!

Thanks for the bump!

Great photo's!

I need to get back to CO this summer!!!

:safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior