TopperLift....might be a RTT alternative?

Wilbah

Adventurer
FWIW I have no tie to those company, just saw it on the web and figured I would pass it along. I know a lot of people get frustrated with the wind resistance of a RTT and/or the expense. But by the time they done fitting out the bed of the truck with the gear they want there isn't enough room to sleep in it up against the ceiling of the cap. This might be an alternative worth exploring. A system that raises the cap of your truck and with the tent turns it into a larger space to sleep in. Just wanted to pass it along. It also might stimulate some ideas for some homemade versions using some camper jacks etc.

https://topperezlift.com/index.php/shop/

dstock

Explorer
I saw this setup at SEMA and thought it was a really cool and simple setup using a couple Decked drawers for a removable "Kitchen".

i-5kvJ353-L.jpg

i-xj6GG6t-L.jpg

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Another couple at SEMA had a similar setup in the back of a Tacoma they were pimpin. Looks almost the same as the Red Ford shown above.

The couple said they were also going to EXPO East the next week to display however I never saw them at Expo.

20181031_140232_resized.jpg

Box Rocket

These are pretty cool and I like the idea. The downside is needing to unpack whatever you are carrying in the truck bed in order to set up the bed. If you can fit it all in the DECKED system, then it might not be much to worry about.

(none)

Adventurer
These are pretty cool and I like the idea. The downside is needing to unpack whatever you are carrying in the truck bed in order to set up the bed. If you can fit it all in the DECKED system, then it might not be much to worry about.

That's the primary reason i don't want to sleep in the bed of the truck. I like to be able to throw all of my crap in there and not have to pull it all out to sleep.

KDB

These things are great! They have a large load capacity. Up to 1k#'s i believe. All your 'crap' can go into roof mounted cargo boxes, underneath the bed, side of the bed, etc. And camp crap comes out anyway: chairs, stove, tables and the like.

zuren

Adventurer
Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would just reboot this one...

Is anyone using one of these TopperLift systems, or seen one in use out in the wild?
Tacoma_outlined_Sm.jpg

I will spare everyone from my incoherent brain dump as I attempt to juggle conflicting criteria for what my wife and I want in a truck, but a topper that can lift with this tent unit inside is about the best hybrid solution that I can find for me to be able to sleep in the bed of the truck (I'm 6'2"), keep the hitch available to pull a fishing boat, and still fit in the garage.

My ideal vision is a 1/2 ton, crew cab, 4x4, with 6'+ box (requirement if I get a F150 with a Payload Package) and a pop-up camper shell, but my wife is pretty cold to that idea...in that it requires a longer truck, and the expense of even a shell model camper (~$9,000-10,000).

Thanks!

Lownomore

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would just reboot this one...

Is anyone using one of these TopperLift systems, or seen one in use out in the wild?
Tacoma_outlined_Sm.jpg

I will spare everyone from my incoherent brain dump as I attempt to juggle conflicting criteria for what my wife and I want in a truck, but a topper that can lift with this tent unit inside is about the best hybrid solution that I can find for me to be able to sleep in the bed of the truck (I'm 6'2"), keep the hitch available to pull a fishing boat, and still fit in the garage.

My ideal vision is a 1/2 ton, crew cab, 4x4, with 6'+ box (requirement if I get a F150 with a Payload Package) and a pop-up camper shell, but my wife is pretty cold to that idea...in that it requires a longer truck, and the expense of even a shell model camper (~$9,000-10,000).

Thanks!

We did some electrical work wiring lighting on a roof rack on top of a canopy with the lift system installed. I also looked at a couple at Northwest Overland Rally last year. The mechanical part seemed pretty well built and I think it's a good idea but I'm not sure the "tent" portion of it is much better than just using a ground tent.

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
I always thought that the Topper EZ lift, with a mid high cap, a Cap Pack Sport, and a decked system would make for some awesome setups. And, thats easily five grand worth of kit at that point so the price point is not all that far off from some of the better options out there on the market.
Still, something I keep thinking about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.59.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.59.42 PM.png
    731.7 KB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles