Tophers Tacoma

FMF

Adventurer
2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 with Tow PKG and Vinyl Floor Option

This is the Tacoma that is the inspiration for my build.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...3-Tacoma-Build

Exterior Modifications

POW MIA Rear Window Sticker

Full OME Heavy Duty Suspension with 886 Front Coils & Dakar Rear Leafs
13mm Spacer Added to the Front Coils
Rear Dakar DX29 Add a Leaf
U Bolt Flip Kit ARB Bumper
IPF 900XF Lights
Amazon 300w 52" LED Front Light Bar
Amazon 18w 6" LED Revers Lights
Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights
ARB Fog Light Kit
Smittybilt X2O 8k Winch
TRD Bronze Simulated Bead Locks with BFG 255/85 16 KM2
TRD Front Skid Plate
B.A.M.F Kick Out Sliders
Toyota Roof Rack(SOLD)
Smittybilt Beaver Tail
HID Head Lights
Tinted all windows and visor tint on front windshield
CS Jumper LED Revers Lights
The Bullaculla Harness Relocate Bracket http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-bracket.html
Light Racing UCA's
Alpro Stainless Steel Brake Lines front & back
TRD Exhaust
Sway Bar Delete

Interior Modifications
Clazzio Seat Covers from SparksTRD
Weather Tech Window Rain Guards
Front Doors:
Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9
Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s
Back Doors:
Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½
Bass:
Rockford Fosgate Single 12 P3 Shallow Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
Rockford FosgateP700-1BD Sub Amp
Clazzio Seat Covers from SparksTRD
Weather Tech Window Rain Guards
Scangauge ii
LED's in the map and dome lights

Future Modifications
Super Charger
TRD Shift Knob
More Off Road Armor
ADD W1 Ver.1 Baffled Oil Catch Tank Can Reservoir Tank
This is the most current up-to-date pic of the Tacoma.

FMF

Adventurer
My wife and I are about to take our first mini over landing trip. We shipped the truck from Hawaii and it will be arriving in Houston Texas and we fly off the island in the morning. will be reunited with thre Tacoma tomorrow :). From there we will be taking a small road trip camping at a few state parks on our way to our new home in Washington DC. I wish we could go more off road and explore the back country on this trip but there is just not the time.

We have confirmed our reservations for the camp grounds thatwe will be staying at. We used the www.recreation.gov website and if you have not check this webpage out I highly recommend it! Now I know that this is not exactly roughingit but it should be a good shake down run on all of our new RTT and camping gear. We have ordered quite a bit of stuffs for our trip to include all new camping gear, a softtopper along with softoper's bed rack to support the RTT. The RTT we went with is the Tepui Authana Siberian, Annex extension and the anti condensation mat. Cant wait to get everything installed on the truck and start our trip! . Here is the list of camp grounds that we willbe staying at during our move to Washington DC.

Starting point Lake Livingston, TX
Buffalo Point Campground, AR
Hurricane Creek Campground, KY
Indiana Boundary Campground, TN
Goose Point Campground, VA

FMF

Adventurer
What is the best easiest way to load pics on my build page? It seems like it took forever just to get these on here with my IPad.

The first pic is from Truck Fest Oahu Hawaii. BFG used my truck in there booth
image6601.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

image6600.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

image6603.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This pic was from our last mountain bike ride on the island befor we shipped our bikes out.
image6849.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

jpat30

Adventurer
Gorgeous Rig and have fun at Lake Livingston. My family and I have been there many times. Henhouse Ridge is my favorite camping area there.

FMF

Adventurer
Thanks for the tip. We won't be camping at the lake. My mom has retired and now lives on the lake.

FMF

Adventurer
The start of our trip 0600 on July 5, 2014. It took us about 8hrs to cover the 485 miles to our first destination Buffalo Point campground in Arkansas.

The truck all loaded up as we pull out to start our adventure. We had about 100lbs of fire wood on the roof rack. This killed our Gas mileage we averaged a tad over 10mpg for the first leg of the trip. Another down side was that we could really feel all of the extra weight up top when the roads got twisty in the back country!

We made it safely to the first camp and with out any I issues. We where here for two days and got quite a few pics from here. On our last night we had a crazy thunderstorm with heavy rain that delayed our departure a few hours. The RTT did great with the 4hr downpour with no leaks.

First camp meal

Our cat has taken to camping very well. He is easy to walk on his harness and can get up and down the RTT ladder with no problems, I swear he thinks he is a dog!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior