Took an Awesome Trip though White Rim.

jhmoore

I did it for the first time a couple weeks ago (Feb 18-20). It was amazing. Now that I know what to expect, would love to go back, take a little more time, do some side hikes, maybe go in a group (versus my solo trip) once we’re all vaccinated. Incredible experience!

jhmoore

(A minute or two into the video). Wait, I think I saw you!!! Were you there Feb 18-20? Is that a LC80 with the trailer?

(After watching the whole video). Yeah, that was definitely you all. Saw you at the top of Murphy's Hogback on Friday morning and then saw the guy in the F150 with his son at Hardscrabble A that night (you and the Gladiator came down a half hour or so later). It was a great trip! Nice video!

Last edited:

CalifOregonia

What was the story with the F150? When I did the White Rim in my Tundra a few years back there were a few spots where I had to pick my line carefully, but the idea of having to stack rocks to get down a step surprises me a bit. Did he just need to remove the nerf bars?

jhmoore

I can’t speak to the F150, and I took a different line at that spot, but there were several places where I had to make use of rocks that others had already stacked... and one place where I added to the stack. And there were many, many places where I “found” my approach angle, my departure angle, and my breakover angle!! :)

CalifOregonia

I can’t speak to the F150, and I took a different line at that spot, but there were several places where I had to make use of rocks that others had already stacked... and one place where I added to the stack. And there were many, many places where I “found” my approach angle, my departure angle, and my breakover angle!! :)

Haha yeah, I tapped my fuel tank skid plate a couple times. We took the trail counterclockwise due to our reservation timing, which I think may have been a little bit easier (unfortunately) than the standard clockwise route. Need to go back to do it the proper way!

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
(A minute or two into the video). Wait, I think I saw you!!! Were you there Feb 18-20? Is that a LC80 with the trailer?

(After watching the whole video). Yeah, that was definitely you all. Saw you at the top of Murphy's Hogback on Friday morning and then saw the guy in the F150 with his son at Hardscrabble A that night (you and the Gladiator came down a half hour or so later). It was a great trip! Nice video!

That was me. Traveling with the other two dudes! Loads of fun.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
What was the story with the F150? When I did the White Rim in my Tundra a few years back there were a few spots where I had to pick my line carefully, but the idea of having to stack rocks to get down a step surprises me a bit. Did he just need to remove the nerf bars?

He is sitting on a pretty stock truck. I think he did a leveling kit on it. And running about a 33" tall tire. That was the only place he struggled a little bit. If he would have picked a little better line he would have been good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles